HybridZ

Taking out rear suspension

Guest 240hybrid

Also making sure the groove in the spindle is close to perfectly vertical so the wedged locking pin will go in smoothly>>Ever tried to turn that spindle with it in place....I dont think thats gonna happen too easy. Anti-seize is a good idea too like they said. good luck

Georgia Flash, that is correct. There is no backside to that little threaded stud. Put the nut back on about two threads worth and tap it lightly with a hammer... You will find that the stud that nuts threads onto is a wedge that locks the spindle pin in place.

Give me a ring at 540-891-4420 if you need more help.

Mike

Thanks guys, I will get back at it tomorrow on my day off. I need to fire up my little ole sand blaster and start blasting away all the rusty areas so I can lay a nice rattle can finish back on the diff and suspension parts.

Mike if I get out there tomorrow and start to cuss and throw things I will be sure to give you a holler :D

*** Did anyone have any ideas about the stubborn frozen filler plug on the back of the diff?

Remember I have tried almost everything short of dynomite to try and get that damned bolt out and it just sits here and laughs at me.

Guest 240hybrid

Id say hit it with penetrating oil every so often throughout the day and give it a try. Also, I dont know how long you wrench/breaker bar is, but throw a long pipe over it to make an extension and therefore getting more leverage on it. That usually does the trick for me.