HybridZ

L28ET with MSII mileage report

cygnusx1

I tried searching; is there a write-up for the MS-II installation on an L28ET?

There is not an official how to install your MS-II, although if you go under engine components you will find all the information that your looking and need about MS-II trust me, good look.

Stock ECU mileage numbers are tainted by the fact that any time the engine is running over 3500 rpms, it is no longer listening to the 02 sensor and will richen up a bit because of that.

That said, I got 19mpg towing a U-haul trailer 5 feet tall by 8 feet long or so with a 280zx turbo in which the turbo died halfway between washington DC and orlando.

Mileage without the trailer wasn't much better since the car was made with a 55mph speed limit in mind and that driving at or over 70 in a 280zx turbo automatic puts you into open loop territory mentioned above.

The turbo dying only held me up for a long lunch at burger king where I cut a small blocker from the sliding cover off of a floppy disc (stainless) and slid it between the turbo and the drain tube so exhaust would not flow into the pan through the ruined bearing as well as swapping the pressure gauge sender from the T fitting to straight into the block.

I drove that car another 10k miles with the impeller reduced to a small ball of aluminum and the car never suffered the slightest scratch in the cylinder bores.

I've done that twice in my lifetime on my own personal cars.

With my trubo'd intercooled 75 coming back from a drift day i managed 43 mpg on the high way home with stock ecu, boost controler and fuel pressure regulator, oh the girl friend was in the car so less than moderate.... oh and it was 110 leaded fuel which i think was most of the key. other wise i get around 27-30 on a good day and around 8 on a very good day