HybridZ

New Photo of the Z car doing a Wheelie

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John and Jerry,

That is 1 Bad Ride that you guys have. That track sure does live up to its name "The House of Hook". We hope to see you all at the DNI Drags March 15th and 16th. I hope the track will hook up as good as "The House of Hook" and we all can run some very fast ET's safely.:burnout:

John and Jerry,

That is 1 Bad Ride that you guys have. That track sure does live up to its name "The House of Hook". We hope to see you all at the DNI Drags March 15th and 16th. I hope the track will hook up as good as "The House of Hook" and we all can run some very fast ET's safely.:burnout:

Jon I really enjoyed talking with you the other day, thanks for the compliment. Looking forward to seeing you Guys in March. Jerry

We are still using the original stubs that came in the car.Now this will be the kiss of Death by saying this.Jerry

You know how to keep it from being the kiss of death? Take an extra set with you. Seriously if you take an extra set of half shafts, your chances of breaking the existing ones are much lower:biggrin:

You know how to keep it from being the kiss of death? Take an extra set with you. Seriously if you take an extra set of half shafts, your chances of breaking the existing ones are much lower:biggrin:

When we go to SEZ/DNI we always bring (2) CV axles, (2) stub axles and a center chuck ( ring gear and pinion) a alot more spare parts. Jerry

Guest Gr8White
I got out of the throttle and set the car down

LOL, been there. I remember when I finally got my car to hook hard with the transbrake and I nearly ripped the rear ground effects off my GT and pancaked the headers when I got out of it suddenly- since it was such a shock. Navigating down the track by the constellations is bad, I think an anti-roll bar saved my life, at least I could see the E.T. board when launching. Nothing like trippin the ole 60' with the back tires.

That's an amazing feat with the R200. I've heard all the horror stories but you have obviously made this work. Nice car. Have you figured out how to take some air out of the launch? I finally figured it out in my Stang and it really helped the 60', I'm afraid my Z will be as bad or worse with wheelstands (nowhere close to being ready yet) and really don't care for the Maalox moments.

How consistent is the car?

LOL, been there. I remember when I finally got my car to hook hard with the transbrake and I nearly ripped the rear ground effects off my GT and pancaked the headers when I got out of it suddenly- since it was such a shock. Navigating down the track by the constellations is bad, I think an anti-roll bar saved my life, at least I could see the E.T. board when launching. Nothing like trippin the ole 60' with the back tires.

That's an amazing feat with the R200. I've heard all the horror stories but you have obviously made this work. Nice car. Have you figured out how to take some air out of the launch? I finally figured it out in my Stang and it really helped the 60', I'm afraid my Z will be as bad or worse with wheelstands (nowhere close to being ready yet) and really don't care for the Maalox moments.

How consistent is the car?

We can keep the front end on the ground by tightening the limiters on the front end. The car is very consistent. On a normal pass the car picks the frontwheels up about 6" to 12" and is very consistent.Thanks Jerry

Guest Gr8White
We can keep the front end on the ground by tightening the limiters on the front end. The car is very consistent. On a normal pass the car picks the frontwheels up about 6" to 12" and is very consistent.Thanks Jerry

Do you get much grief from tech with the IRS? I have seen some sanctioned tracks in my area really give some of the faster IRS cars trouble...

Do you get much grief from tech with the IRS? I have seen some sanctioned tracks in my area really give some of the faster IRS cars trouble...
Knock on wood, we have never had any problems with Tech for the IRS,and we have raced at the PINKS All Out in Rockingham,N.C. and Bristol,T.N. without any problems.Jerry

I imagine this is on 28X9 like before. What has to be done to the fender directly in front of the tire to gain clearance? Looks like it is awfull close and must get closer on the top end due to tire grow. Ever have any problems with this?

wheelieja1.jpg

Regards,

Justin

Justin,we had to roll the top of the fenders,and opened the fender well in front of the tire and additional 3/4". Jerry