HybridZ

Is there anyone out there who can flowbench an intake manifold?

Evan Purple240zt

Sorry if this is the wrong placement. I have a hybridz member making me a custom intake manifold for my RB right now.

The popular "knowledge" says that RB's like to lean out on #6 with forward facing plenums and single TB's.

I am curious to know how severe this effect will be with my new intake manifold. I am seriously considering meth injection but won't do it unless I know my air distribution is good. If the air distribution is good, then meth distribution would be good.

Is there anyone anywhere who can flowbench an intake manifold for me? I know its not a perfect situation on a flow bench, but it would give me some chance to see whats going on. Or is this so prohibitively expensive that its pointless to spend the money. I know even the greddy runs the rear cyl. a bit lean.

Thanks guys - Evan

Actually, there are a couple of ways to do this.

1) strap intake to head. head to bench. tape up the intake ports you not flowing (before you install intake) and start flowing. this will tell if one port in intake is working harder than another. it'll also tell you if your intake is a restriction.

2)tape intake ports that you dont wanna flow. make fixture (plate with hole that is about the size of the port) place on bench and flow.

My buddies shop, Revolutionary Performance and Machine can do this for you. He has a website. google and call.

hope this helps.

Peace

Luigi

• 4 weeks later...

Check out Monzster's post on turbo plenum design. It may not be the flow of the manifold, but vorticies in the plenum that leads to the disparity in airflow.

Sounds like CFD is what you want...to see where the problem may lie---and then get an idea how to best attack it!

Good Luck.

Check out Monzster's post on turbo plenum design. It may not be the flow of the manifold, but vorticies in the plenum that leads to the disparity in airflow.

Sounds like CFD is what you want...to see where the problem may lie---and then get an idea how to best attack it!

Good Luck.

I have been watching the monzter thread on intake plenum design. Pretty serious stuff! Very interesting read.

Thanks tony.