HybridZ

Ebay Rods

Vindicare

Get fully custom ones. I use Venolia in my two stroker motors, as well as other misc motors I build. To get it REAL light, and still be strong, you have to get custom machining done. When I paid for the highest lighteing I venolia offered, I took about 45 more grams off mass out of each piston after I recived them. Here is a picture of them.

NA piston

pistonpics3.1stroker003-650x484.jpg

Turbo Pistons

needssorting4-25-07_143-600x450.jpg

needssorting4-25-07_144-600x450.jpg

needssorting4-25-07_148-600x450.jpg

Is that for forged pistons?! Frank, if you end up getting these pistons could you let me know your specs and cost? I was having trouble finding any custom pistons for under AU$1000 down here. I'd much rather a piston to suit my engine. And I'll probably buy these rods as well and see how nit all goes. I already have a BHJ damper on order and had intentions of getting everything balanced while it's out of the engine also.

Kameari makes an 85mm crank, from what I understand, wouldn't that solve the deck height problem as well?
yes at 4K i guess staying with stocker or LD saves shipping a container ;)

I noticed that these ebay rods were only stock L26/28 so starting thinking (again, never a good idea) has anyone used say the 1.5 sets of the SR20 rods = 136.3mm long, has 51mm journal vs L24/26/28/LD28 of 53mm and a larger 22mm pin. So take a LD28 offset grind and bring the journal down to 51mm. This would increase the stock, give a smaller rod end = more clearance (if that is a problem) then get your custom piston made to use this new rod/crank setup?

Is that for forged pistons?! Frank, if you end up getting these pistons could you let me know your specs and cost? I was having trouble finding any custom pistons for under AU$1000 down here. I'd much rather a piston to suit my engine. And I'll probably buy these rods as well and see how nit all goes. I already have a BHJ damper on order and had intentions of getting everything balanced while it's out of the engine also.

I know what you mean re forged pistons - they cost a bit downunder as you have to import for the US usually. I thought you would have looked at the BMW balancer like lots of Ozzy's do - there used to be a guy in Melbourne that sold them already to bolt on.

I know what you mean re forged pistons - they cost a bit downunder as you have to import for the US usually. I thought you would have looked at the BMW balancer like lots of Ozzy's do - there used to be a guy in Melbourne that sold them already to bolt on.

BMW balancer ??? now do elaborate on that !! pics ??