HybridZ

New Adjustable Suspension Items, your input for your product

The site is beautiful, and so easy to use it almost snatches the wallet out of my back pocket :D I have to upgrade just small peaces at a time to control the budget.

If you are looking for other little projects, I definately think there is call for a diff mount solution (mabey something simular to Scotties solution). Sub frame connectors that tie the front to the rear of the car, with points to tie in a cage and 5 point harness, and other structural mods to get around weak points such as the front frame rail to sway bar (which usually rots out and leaves sway bar hanging)

Guest Anonymous

Thanks Ross! I never doubted you would come through. For anyone thinking of ordering anything from Ross, he has always kept me informed as to what stage my order was in and emailed a shipping confirmation to boot. I will be ordering from him again.

Mike, tell Randy to keep me on his mailing list for his custom parts gig. I still on cloud 9 over the 16inch Hoosier race tires. Doesn't take much, huh?

PeteP and I were discusing this bending issue while driving back from Raliegh NC this weekend. I think there is some cofussion as to where the sway bar mount has been welded on our previous control arms. If you look at the outboardside of the arm where the arm mounts to the spindlepin/ strut assembly, we welded a flat tab about 1/8th in thick to that tubing and drilled the appropriate hole depending on axle type and swaybar type. It was the customer's call as to where the hole was drilled. Anyway, Ian and Steve have a large sway bar (I think it is 7/8th thick) on the rear of the car I support (And ZF Racing will continue to support that car's efforts as well as those of Doug Carrow this coming year!) and we have had NO issues with bending after more than a year on the car and mutliple track events, solo 1s and solo 2s. Will the piece last on a race car for 10 years??? Who knows. Is it working now? Yes. I have periodically asked Ian to throw the car on a lift and take pics for me or to just take a peek and see what's doing under there just to keep tabs on the situation. They have assured me that under inspection, the arms look as good as new, and no issues with fatigue have been notices. That said, it would bolster my expectations of the arms ability to withstand the rigors of track abuse if I could get them to slow down long enough to pull one off and have it Xrayed. Unfortunately, their season is longer than most and they only have about 6 weeks off during the offseason. This offseason They have opted to install a fuel cell, new wheels and tires, and additional cage... I'll try to take some pics of what I'm talking about with the sway bar mount. Maybe Pete can chime in...

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

just got the front setup mike kelly did for me [i have the last set], adj control arms and t/c rods. picking them up from the powdercoater tomorrow and will be ready for install. hopefully i'll be able to post pics soon. about the same time i got my package from ross/mml. i purchased the big [gigantic is more like it] brake kit, 280 stub axles, cv adaptors and ebrake kit. the rotor/caliper setup [front] appears to weigh the same as the stock setup! monsterous 13" directionally vented rotors mounted to a beautifully anodized [my color choice of red] alum. hat which bolts up to the stock hub. pbr 2 piston "floating" alum calipers clamps them. out back, solid 11.?" brembo rotors clamped by 240sx calipers. i will also take pics of them pretty quick as well. so far, everything is exactly as described! will keep u posted as i progress [we are still in freezing temps and it makes it challenging to work on the z in the cold garage...