HybridZ

How bad is this rust?

honestly that doesn't look serious... of course there could be frame rail and battery tray area rust not shown (more than likely) but from the pictures that looks better than most Z's you see, and way better than those in the SE where I live . Might as well check for hatch rust as well as fender rust

That's my car, and it does have battery and frame rail damage, as shown in the pictures.

Somebody in the past decided that urethane sealant was a proper rust "repair" and painted the underside of the wheel well below the battery with it. The acid apparently ran down into the frame rail, and the pictures show the rest.

I am looking to sell as I don't have the facilities to fix it in an apartment complex, and for all the reading I did here before buying this project, didn't pick up on that as a possibility.

As the CL posting says, I'm just looking to recoup most of what's in the engine.

If someone was motivated to repair it, more power to them.

On the other hand, it would be a prime donor car to transplant into another body.