HybridZ

Axis Wheels

What do you guys think about these wheels?

18x8 +20 with 90mm lip in the front

18x9 +20 with 120mm lip in the rear

My current setup is sportmax 002 15x8 with coilovers all around and

zg flares in the rear only.

225/50/15 front

265/50/15 rear

Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

SAM

http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels.php?id=widetrack

axis_widetrack.jpg

Those would look clean as long as you keep the sidewalls 30 or 35 series. You know, tire to wheel ratio. Also why not 235 or 245 front with another pair of ZG's just to complete the look? Would not be much more in terms of cost.

What do you guys think about these wheels?

18x8 +20 with 90mm lip in the front

18x9 +20 with 120mm lip in the rear

http://www.axiswheels.com/wheels.php?id=widetrack

axis_widetrack.jpg

Unless you have changed your bolt pattern they don't make a wheel that fits our car. I ahve called them several times and they did not have anything that would fit the car....Now things might have changed......if so let me know they are a pretty good quality wheel in the medium price range. I know lots of guys that have run them on their IS 300's ( which is what I had for 7 years) If you want some sick wheels you can try DPE wheels, i Forged, or J Line as well.........they cost some big bucks but the quality is unbelieveable......

ya, watever you have to do to get the widest tire under your fender.

i don't understand why people hate using spacers so much? tell me if i'm thinking about this in the wrong way.

the way i see it is like this. lets say you have a rim that is eight inches wide, with 0 offset. so you have four inches on the out side and four inside. now you have a rim that is also 8 inches wide but it has a 40 offset. in order the make it fit you use a spacer to make it stick out so it fits like the 0 offset rim. so that rim with the spacer on it is now back to a zero offset. if the dimentions are the same then why do people say that spacers mess up the bearings?

this is just somthing that i just don't understand maybe somone could explain.?

...then why do people say that spacers mess up the bearings?

this is just something that i just don't understand maybe someone could explain.?

Depending on the thickness of the spacer, you usually need longer studs with a spacer. The longer the studs & the more the wheel sticks out from the mounting face, the greater the leverage force exerted on the studs, which can in turn stretch or bend the studs... Usually on car with very sticky tires.

That's what I understood from reading, I'm no expert on suspension geometry or anything. Hope it helped.

To the more knowledgeable guys: Correct me if I'm wrong.