HybridZ

Need options on 17x10.5 and 17x9 wheels.

...This is w/ the camber set all the way outward (when strut is most vertical)...

If I am reading this right, and looking at the picture correctly, your statement implies that changing the camber on a z affects the strut to tire clearance, which is not true on an s30.

Thats what I am getting at, I will run more offset, 24mm, and get the tire right up to the strut tube, and have the spring and the nut above the tire. I have K sport coilovers, which allow me to adjust ride height independent of spring tenstion also. I will also be welding the strut more INWARD of where it welds on the spindle in relation to the factory setting anyways. I think if you would of had your nut above the tire, and ran a wheel with more offset you could have possibly used your first set of flares. Do you still have the first set of flares? Wanna sell?

Guest 280ZForce

about the suspension alignment, I could be wrong, I'm just learning this stuff.

the adjuster will be above the tire, that is basically on the lowest setting which I obviously won't be running.

I didnt like the size of the normal rear flares, they are too small imho. These ones give the Z a wider profile and more character. I bought my wheels 6 months old for a really good price, so I was cool with doing what I had to to have them setup right.

yes I still have the old rear flares, but my friend called dibs on them like 3 months ago when I 1st decided to go bigger.

K sport coilovers

Ack! Do an Internet search on K-Sport coil overs. Tri-Point (and others) have turned up some pretty poor manufacturing quality on these parts.

http://mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?t=123666252

It would be basically impossible to tune the suspension for better handling using the shocks Tri-Point tested.

c8f6_1.JPG

c9ed_1.JPG

c960_1.JPG

c9ac_1.JPG

I have lots of friends that run K sports with good results, and I paid 250.00 for these. I welded the adjuster to the strut tube, just like azzcar's setup does, and re drilled the camber and pillow mounts to the z pattern. Pretty easy reall.

I have lots of friends that run K sports with good results, and I paid 250.00 for these. I welded the adjuster to the strut tube, just like azzcar's setup does, and re drilled the camber and pillow mounts to the z pattern. Pretty easy reall.

bandmzcars.com

Specializing in L series head building and Intake fabrication

what style of strut did you order and for what car/aplication?

What style of strut did you order and for what car/application?