HybridZ

P90 with 1 or 2mm gasket?

yogib

I have a F54 turbo block and a set of new flattop .030 ITM pistons to put in it.Other than surfacing the P90 for flatness I dont want to shave the head and open that can of worms If a thinner head gasket will give me the compression I need.Does anyone here know what compression roughly I will have with the P90-flattops and a thinner head gasket.I would like to do better than the 8.8:1 with normal head gasket.1mm or 2mm? I searched and didnt find anything.

I found this site. http://falconperformance.sundog.net/compcalculator.asp And calculated with a 1mm gasket,.030 overbore.3.50in. gasket opening,3.39in. bore,3.11 stroke,didnt know deck heigth so I went with 0 and flattops with no valve reliefs,and 53cc combustion chambers.Couldnt do the stock 53.6cc and came up with 9:1. So adding the .6cc and some more taken out due to unshrouding valves Im probably more like 8.5:1 with the 1mm gasket.I think Im going to be stuck with shaving the head.Bummer.I used the mm to inch chart at www.metric-conversions.org to help.

Ya I was hoping I wouldnt have to do the "P90 head shave Mod" but I guess I will have to shave it the .100 thou. and run the N42 valves.Any body have some good N42 valves they can part with cheap? That or I will have to buy the stainless from ArizonaZcar.com for around 200 bucks.

You can go to any machine shop and they can order you up some generic valves if you don't want to spend the money on the SS ones. I think there was a guy in OR selling SS valves super cheap. A couple guys were going to buy some and test them out, I don't remember ever hearing about them again...

If your compression ratio goal is around 8.8:1, and the head is flat, don't waste your time and money shaving it and replacing the valves. You also need to shim the cam towers BTW.

If you are looking for a CR in the 10:1 range (the most I would run on todays pump gas), then you will need to do the shave/N series valves/shims thing. You can run N42 or N47 valves BTW.