HybridZ

New rotisserie

gb20

that looks pretty sweet.... if you had a big shop it would deff make for moving your car around easy! what i like is that it gives you an option to not hook the rotisserie on ther rear bumper area as mine is shaved and there is no longer a place to mount anything

Very cool idea, but I know that I would just get more than annoyed with the hoops and the needed supports. I know that there would be at least one in the way, probably half a dozen that are just in that wrong spot.

Hmm, I wonder if there could be a way to incorporate a conventional rotisserie, and this design, to keep access to all areas as open as possible.

I saw a much simpler design that didn't have any fancy brakes or rollers. Both hoops instead of being perfectly round, was a polygon, er... octagon, decagon, whatever... I haven't seen it in action, but it looked as if you'd roll the car, lift and scootch it over one end at a time. Like moving a big log. The flat sides would prevent it from rolling once you positioned it and you could always c-clamp or weld a leg to it that would stop it from rolling.

Sorry I don't have a pic. I'd love to make it one of these days when I find the time...

• 1 year later...
Guest auto doug

Hi guys I'm new to this great site I don't have a Z car but have repaired a few in my body / restoration shop, I noticed that some of you have seen my new rotisserie the Roller Hoop and have made the standard conments about it when most see it for the frist time. It is a bit different but let me tell you after 30 some years of doing serious restoration work day in and day out, and using many different types and style of rotisseries, I'll never use anything else, The Roller Hoop system is very easy to work with and provides the craftsmen great access and mobility. At first sight you may think the Hoops are in the way, not so! after an hour of working on the body shell of the car you don't even know they're there, kinda like a pair of safty glasses, nessarry but you get use to them plus you can remove the jigs to do any repair in that area. Most any good rotisserie is a great way to do a restoration and just like any thing they have thier limites and benifits, I have a fairly small shop so space is an issue and now have 6 Roller Hoops up and working, they save a lof time and suspended the body shell rather then hanging it from the ends (which can be stressfull) with the Roller Hoop you have total controll and with the four foot operated brakes you can stop it at any position and continiue working with out getting help to spin or move to the end to lock in place ect. with four detachable legs with casters it is somple to move about. You will simply have to work with one sometime to understand it's full benifits.

We hope to have the web site updated in a few weeks and post some new pictures and video of a vintage Alfa and a Ferrari. We also wish to thank all who have checked out this new product and comment on it! for it helps us in our marketing efforts. Agian I'm just an average body restoration guy that came up with an Idea and built it for my own use! never intended to be a salesman of a new product, but after 3 years of great benifits in my shop and the fact that I love to see old cars getting restored, I though it should get out to the hobbiest and craftsmen that are doing restoration work as a option fro them to try. :wink:

Thanks

Auto Doug

P1010016_thumb.JPG

SDC11048_thumb.JPG

SDC11062_thumb.JPG

No offense, but unless you are in production restorations, the Roller Hoop costs $1995.00. I fabbed a rotisserie in less than a day for $150 in materials (at most) and sold it to one of the members here for $150 when I was done. The car was on it for 6 months and the thing worked perfectly for this project. As you can see, I had full access to everywhere on the body.

Go get your weld on!

Ferrari_Project_063.jpg