HybridZ

280ZX push button starter

nbesheer

Well my ignition doesn't really work that well so I bought a starter button and it says to connect it to the starter solenoid and the ignition switch. What wires are they in this diagram, I don't really know how to read these that well so some help would be appreciated.

wiringdiagram.jpg

Y = Yellow - Starter

WB = White Black - +12V

I also cheated a bit and verifyed what I was thought I was seeing with another source of ignition switch information I use for work. ;):lol:

I can read wiring diagrams, but that one is not that easy to decipher, there looks to be some parts not labled, and it has both manual and automatic wiring, that makes it difficult to read.

Yeah that thing was kinda hard to read but once I got down there it looked pretty easy I tested the two largest wires with a wire with plugs on both ends and found them, anyways for future reference on starter buttons on 83ZX 5-Speed it's

Yellow -> button -> back to other side of yellow

White/B -> button -> back to other side of white/B

Thanks for your help even though I ended up getting it hopefully this will help other 280ZX users. Also I got the button from autozone for $10.00 and I moved my lighter to the "audio/empty" spot on the other side and put the button where the lighter was.

• 5 years later...