HybridZ

Electrical failure?

Rustyfriend

well it seems my z decided to give me a hard time. i went to show my dad how i fixed the wipers on the z and when i went to turn the key, NOTHING happened. no radio, no nothing....this was odd because i had the radio going just about a minute before this happened. any ideas? i am getting no reactions at all from the key in any way. :mad:

if you could tell me what to check, that would be great. i am a beginner with the z. i only got it in november and i am learning little by little.

the battery is good, the lights turn on, horn works.....it is an ignition problem because the car is giving me no reaction from the key. i just need to know how to fix it

The first rule of debug......Are you plugged in? Check all the connectors in the steering column. Make sure that single black ground wire is properly seated. That's assuming you've already checked for blown fuses.

if you could tell me what to check, that would be great. i am a beginner with the z. i only got it in november and i am learning little by little.

the battery is good, the lights turn on, horn works.....it is an ignition problem because the car is giving me no reaction from the key. i just need to know how to fix it

Fusable links? Do you have a big stereo in your car? I was idleing my car in winter and had some christmas music cranked and melted my fuseable links as well as the whole container that houses them. Cut all the wires and wire nutted them all together. Yes that is stupid gotta get that replaced.

i haven't been able to work on it in the past few days, but i think something just might have come unplugged. because just before this happened i turned the wheel with the key out so it locked up and i can't remember what happened after i used the key to unlock it. i'll give you guys a post back today

• 2 weeks later...

well guys it happened again and this time it was while on the road to the shop that is going to bring my frame back to life. i was turning the directional off and all of the sudden i lost power to the ignition again. i honestly have no idea what is going on with the wiring with this car. it is hit or miss. if anyone has some good know how with the ignition system and has some specific pointers of what to look for, please let me know :evil:

luckily it happened an 1/8th of a mile from "home" so i was able to push it back