HybridZ

push button start using washer button

Guest JuDawg

i was concerned about how easy it is to break into my 260z so i rewired the washer button to make it my starter switch. hopefully this will deter anyone from stealing my car...

all that i did was take the combo switch off to get the wires for the washer (blue-white, black on one end) (blue, blue-red on the other end) on the very inside of the switch. spliced together the blue-white and ground together and spliced the blue-red and blue together. then took the black white from the ignition, splice it with the blue white from the button together. then took the white red from the ignition and spliced that to the blue red and blue spliced wires.

and viola!... you got yourself a ghetto push button starter in 30 mins.

hope this helps you guys out, let me know if i'm unclear on anything.

btw, the wipers operate normal (not sure about the intermittent). you will be eliminating the washer but then again it never worked on mine so it wasnt any loss on my part.

you should rewire the start position on the ignition switch so that it operates the washer now,that way you can leave the keys in it and if anyone trys to start it the washer will wet the windshield-should make for some confusion lol.

haha thats true but a smart theif would know to check the washer button after the starter switch keeps squirtin water.

i have two push start buttons in my car, requires both hands at the same time to start it..

But i think the best anti theft is a fuel pump switch hidden somewhere.

I did this in a (carbed) F-350 i had. i would even turn the pump off down the street so the carb would run out of fuel in front of my house..ha

i would even turn the pump off down the street so the carb would run out of fuel in front of my house..ha

paranoid much? hahaha

When I get around to it, I'll put in a switch that toggles the starter and horn. Unauthorized cranking will cause the horn to blow. Thief won't try too many more times.

oh crap, good idea! that would be so easy too....

red wire for the horn, connected to the black-white coming from the ignition... perfect!!!

now all i need to do is connect my washer to my horn and i'll have everything mixed up... hahaha

One of the cars I did also required both hands. One to turn the key and the other to push the cig lighter in. I modified the lighter coins so it wouldnt get hot and red it would only complete the circut. Plus when we got out of the car all we had to do was throw the lighter in the glove box or in my pocket. It would just look like a normal empty lighter socket. I also wired in a separate 12v socket for the cell charger (radar detector).

Worked like a charm.

I thought I had already posted this story on this site but I guess not.

Early in our RB240sx project Jer had the car parked at his crappy apartment complex not far from ASU. He was in the good habit of pulling the puel pump main fuse EVERY time he got out of the car even if just for a minute. About 2 in the morning he heard a familiar sound. The sound was the extremely loud electric fans wired to a toggle switch on the dash. The engine would obviously crank but not start. They kept flipping that switch hoping it was a kill switch. He immediately called the cops. He stayed on the phone with dispatch as he watched their every move from the window. He told the dispatcher about the one guy in the car and the lookout around the corner. He watched as the guys both got frusturated and got in the car as the cops politely tapped on the window with their sidearms. Both guys were convicted and ordered to pay for the damage. We never saw a dime. Oh well I am sure they have since stolen more cars but not ours. All ends happily.