HybridZ

rb project pics

bryan01

i have had some time in the winter to hoard parts and get some pics together, so here are the pics of my progress over the last year or so from start to now (give or take) ...

http://www.uncutwelshman.com/gallery2/

the link might change b/c i'm still messing around w/ the gallery and options, i'm not sure if i like the program i'm using yet.

serious thanks to everyone who helped me out, (and you might recognize some of the parts on the last day ... JT and Dave ... ahem ... ) and the countless people who have answered my newb questions ...

enjoy.

precision se6152e, .63a/r turbine, .60a/r compressor, 63mm, 5bolt exh ... i've got pics of it but i haven't d/l them yet to the gallery site. and yeah, i had my eye out for manifolds and i saw his on ebay and JUMPED, i didnt even know he was selling it until i saw it in an auction and recognized the car. i'm also waiting for his oil feed/drain lines coming too ... then i got the apexiFC from dave (zul8tr) ... he's driving his 510 currently ... it's still got a long way to go, but it's getting there.

here's the dyno vid w/ the megasquirt at stock 8psi if people want to watch that again too ... http://plaza.ufl.edu/bryan01/

and chris, my intake manifold is a greddy knockoff, you can pick them up for ~300$, fit great, the only problem i have is the injector ports are a few thou too small, so i ordered a special metric drill bit that's 12.00" DIA and i'm going to hone the holes out w/ it. (thats the size i need them to be for my injectors to really fit in, and not on) ... i'm also going to get the bung for the rad hose welded onto the manifold, b/c i was driving around the other day and it popped off. i thought the rad hose itself came off but no, it was still clamped onto the bung it's supposed to be on, the bung just decided to liberate itself from the press fit. it's currently jb welded ... seems to be holding ...

i bought JT's exhaust manfold, he could probably tell you more about it than i, currently i'm using the stock manifold and turbo and boost settings. i'm going to use his manifold when i upgrade everything, it's made of SS piping, all tig'd, w/ a 6 to 1 collector ... it's a big knot of piping ...

lex - nooooo ... i moved outa atlanta about 6 months ago, now i'm stuck in connecticut of all places ... work is good, i only wish i could use some of the machines we've got at the shop for my car ... and it's cold. learning how to snowboard thou ... i MAAAY be driving the car south later this year depending on how reliable i get it, i'm in need of a long road trip. if i do we're going to have to get a group together in georgia ... but that's a ways away.

i'll try to post pics of the turbo later tonight.

triple b - thanks, it's taken well over a year to get this far, probably closer to 2 ... just takes time, sometimes i get tired of working on it, take a break for a while, then other times i cant get outa the garage. since i moved up here i havent been able to work on it much (started snowing in december and i had to put the car in storage then) ... all those parts are waiting to go on once i get it out in about a month.

http://uncutwelshman.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=1501&g2_navId=x82a4c102

added pics of the return/feed oil lines and fittings(thanks JT, note custom rb25 block fitting cut/welded in 1/2 so the -an return line simply bolts to the stock location), turbo, and profecB etc. the turbo is taped up b/c i had to drill/tap the exhaust downpipe flange holes on the turbine ... the turbo was used (although seemingly lightly) but the threads were different sizes (as in the previous owner must have tapped a few of them out slightly bigger, he must have cross threaded it during installation.) ... now they're all 3/8-16