HybridZ

th350 vs tremec t-5 driveshaft info

Hey guys,

I'm removing my TH350 trans to install my camaro tremec t-5 and was wondering if my current driveshaft would work?

The t-5 is is longer correct? id be happy if i had to cut down my current shaft instead of buying a whole new one.. i hope this is the case

Also T-5 Output shaft spline count is 31? and Th350 is 27? im not sure if this is correct but looks like ill need to change yokes.

Anyone else switch from TH350 to T-5?

Andy

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I can confirm that the spleen count is the same. Im swapping the turbo 350 for the T5 right now, and I just took the driveshaft off the turbo 350 and it slipped right into the T5. Woot.

Length...ill get back to you in a few weeks. I doubt ill get lucky twice.

Edited by revlis240

lol itll be so tiny! the driveshaft is like only 20" long as it is. Ill have the turbo 350 out soon, my plans got delayed because I may take the engine and trans out together. The way I see it, it may be easier than trying to fiddle with the trans under the car.

• 1 month later...

Update:

Once again, spleen count is the same, but the Th350 is approx 28.75" long and the T5 is 31.75" long so 3" will have to be cut out of the driveshaft. I will take exact measurements in the future, but with the amount of slack in the yoke it wont matter much anyway.

How much should an average shop charge to trim 3" off a driveshaft?

• 3 weeks later...

That is what the shaft shop did for me. (Originally said that they would use the GM shaft, I picked up the Datsun...) So i have been pushing 260 HP though a datsun shaft with a chevy slip yoke on it with no problems so far.

• 3 months later...