HybridZ

Body Blending Questions

260zjade

So, I finally snagged my IMSA 3 piece spoiler from ebay for a pretty good deal, and i was poking around the body kit and paint forum looking for some blending advice. I learned that its good to use a specialty adhesive to bond the spoiler to the body, along with the bolts and screws for added stability.

I hit a dead end when trying to find the best way to blend the spoiler with the body though. Some posts said use fiberglass, some said use bondo, but i really wanted to know what was best. I don't know anything about using fiberglass, but i would learn if it turned out to be a better choice.

Anybody have any advice or threads i may have missed? Maybe some pro's or con's, or just techniques that other people used to mount theirs? Thanks in advance guys!

a friend of mine showed me this epoxy that was black/dark grey, and it's basically put on like you put fixtures onto a bathroom wall or whatever. its in a silicone tube, and it's actually stronger than welding, because you get more coverage. It does obviously add weight, but it will never crack or move.

this stuff is TOUGH.

I know its an automotive product, so it can't be hard to find in the right places, but he stopped welding after using that stuff, and never had a problem with panels.