HybridZ

Need help with BUYING DECISION!

Ok - I found a couple of Z's. One is a 72 240z. The other is a 75 260z. The woman only wants $250 a car, but they have to go together. She lives 5 hours from me, in snow valley. Right now, the cars are covered in 4 feet of snow. I saw them before they weren't however. The 260z was restored probably 10 - 15 years ago. It was white originally, w/ white interior. NOw its light metallic blue with fender flares, window vents, and draglite rims. The hood is completely rusted out, as is the roof, and the drivers side fender. The interior is in pieces and the gauges are gone. It does have a completely rebuilt L24 in it w/ 0 miles! (still needs the electrical hooked up) The frame is overall good with some questionable areas. The 240 was brown on brown (the worst other than white on white lol) It has comes with the 260's blown motor and 4 speed.

Frame is questionable at best. All sheet metal is great however. The interior is there but bad - I could use the gauges to go into the 260 though. It has fiberglass fenders, but overall it is in ROUGH shape. What do you guys think - should I take the 20 hours round trip for the two (one at a time) and use the 240 to kinda rebuild the 260, or should I forgot it, and find one in better shape.

:icon54: Buy both and use one as a parts car for the other. I have stripped eight cars and have them sitting around the house (my wife hates me for that part). But have used a lot of parts on both of the cars I have now. I am painting one car this coming weekend at school (see bad paint day). I am a trained auto tech and have gone thru two complete auto body courses. Most of time I did it just for painting the Z car. Good Luck with the decision you are making. It may be the best thing you can do or it will drive you crazy. The cars have been known to be great rust traps. But I love to drive them and work on them. Take care, Rich.:cool:

Very true, however , it makes it harder when the junkyard down the road wants 1200 obo for 4 z's. One 260z that is running with automatic, three in various states of disrepair, but all very good parts cars - all full interior and drivetrains.

UGH! Anybody in for a group buy?

LOL, If I lived closer.