HybridZ

N/a 2jzge Weight=???l24 Weight=???

Guest NA2JZED

Guest NA2JZED

Hi iam TIM from ADELAIDE,SOUTH AUSTRALIA,iam in the process of restoring a 73 240z,and i will be replacing the motor with a 2JZGE(N/A)with w58 gearbox....iam wondering what the total weight of engine/gearbox is,and also what is the weight of the L24 with 350 holley and 260z 5speed,,so i can work out if i will lose or gain weight with this coversion!!,also has any one put a n/a 2jzge in a 240/260/280Z in the US...CHEERS GUYS............TIM(NA2JZED):D:biggrin::D

Are you right hand drive?

Here are some pictures of a 2JZGE in a right hand drive. Not mine btw:

http://album.hybridz.org/showgallery.php?ppuser=12400&cat=500

I figure it should weigh similar, but slightly more due to the DOHC. With the same accesories, you should be close to the same weight. Not really worth worrying about.

Justin

Guest NA2JZED
:):):)cheers for the link(justinolsen)my car is a aus spec z,like the one in the link,,dont know how i missed it:redface::redface::redface:does any body know if this car was completed as there does not seem to be any finished pixs??or contact details etc...the reason i am going N/A not Turbo is i want a pridictable handling car that will be used for hillclimbs/sprints etc,iam not after a 9-10sec 1/4mile, i will be happy to be in the mid twelves,,,,,its not all about straight line speed for me,,,,,as we all know the 240Z was designed as a (GT)sports car not a drag car!!,i love the odd drag now and then(on and off street)and it doesent really matter if i get beat by some 600-700hp+ monster ''almost'' anyone can go fast in straight line with that much power!!..i have nothing againt turbo cars,my last car was a 94 (alltrac)Celica GT4 group A(JDM spec st205)190kw stock,rebuilt motor with arias forged pistons,ct26 high flowed turbo,$6000later it was awesome i hav to admit,,,but this time i want to push the boundarys of my 240z for what it was intended to be a GT,not a straight line overpowered rocket ship!!,i will leave that to the cars and people that dont know how to steer!!!LOL:):):) TIM(NA2JZED)

:):):)cheers for the link(justinolsen)my car is a aus spec z,like the one in the link,,dont know how i missed it:redface::redface::redface:does any body know if this car was completed as there does not seem to be any finished pixs??or contact details etc...the reason i am going N/A not Turbo is i want a pridictable handling car that will be used for hillclimbs/sprints etc,iam not after a 9-10sec 1/4mile, i will be happy to be in the mid twelves,,,,,its not all about straight line speed for me,,,,,as we all know the 240Z was designed as a (GT)sports car not a drag car!!,i love the odd drag now and then(on and off street)and it doesent really matter if i get beat by some 600-700hp+ monster ''almost'' anyone can go fast in straight line with that much power!!..i have nothing againt turbo cars,my last car was a 94 (alltrac)Celica GT4 group A(JDM spec st205)190kw stock,rebuilt motor with arias forged pistons,ct26 high flowed turbo,$6000later it was awesome i hav to admit,,,but this time i want to push the boundarys of my 240z for what it was intended to be a GT,not a

line overpowered rocket ship!!,i will leave that to the cars and people that dont know how to steer!!!LOL:):):) TIM(NA2JZED)

Just because a car is turbo, doesn't mean it's a straight line performer only...Take the skyline, it's one of the best track cars ever..and it's turbo......