HybridZ

s2k dash?

JustinOlson

I have a line on a s2000 dash. I'm thinking I'm going to pick it up and fit it into my 280z. Anyone have any comments? I figured I would do a AIM MXL dash when I install it. I haven't measured it yet. My main concern is it not being wide enough. Also I'm kinda worried the passenger side is going to look wierd where it meets up with the door??

2008hondas2000dash2iw1.jpg

Regards,

Justin

To be honest, I don't like the idea of another dash in a Z. Simplicity is the key here - maybe a simple aluminium dash with the S2000 digital gauges would look more suitably in a full-out Toyota-powered racer? :) It would be much easier to do, too...

It's not that I'm against the HybridZ "upgrade-what-you-can" attitude, I just really like the original dash shape, and the classical aluminium dash designs. Give me a wrinkle black painted dash, a set of Smith's gauges, a black leather-clad Moto-Lita steering wheel, a few toggle switches and a pair of black driving gloves, and I'll be in heaven... :2thumbs:

Well I'm looking for a oem dash to fit into my car. I want to modernize the interior more. I have s2k seats in my car and figured the s2000 dash would be a cool addition.

Aluminum would be cool and easy as I design sheetmetal parts all day long. I just want a factory like interior.

Regards.

Justin