HybridZ

Quad headlight HID setup = 4 ballasts?

rustrocket

wouldn't it be better to get some projectors from some of the newer cars that use bi-xenon projection and use a triggered solenoid to move the lens blocker up and down to let more light through for the high beams? thats what I plan on doing.....what does your headlight housing look like on your corolla?

what you could look into doing is setting up the reflector side of those as foglights, aim them at the ground...maybe use yellow bulbs and still do the how/high beam in the projector side of the lights so you only need 1 bulb/ballast on each side for the headlights. if you search on hidplanet.com they have forums detailing everything you could ever want to know about HID swaps, conversions.

I plan on running the bi-xenon FX35 or Murano projectors in a modified 7" sealed beam housing on my Z...im sure there is someone on HIDplanet that has done something similar to what you are doing

Here's the link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290209802575&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

Bulbs aside, would the load from powering 4 ballasts/lights at once fry my wires?

There's an easy way to prevent that....

Use relays to provide a high current capability to the balasts, while being controlled by your existing head light switch. Even if you don't change to HIDs, it's still a good idea to use the relays with the existing headlights, to provide a shorter path between the battery and the lights, making them brighter and last longer.

The auction says H1 bulbs, those dont use ballist. They are just regular halogen bulbs. I don't know if those headlights will work properly with xenon bulbs if that's what your looking for. They might not sit in the housing at the right depth to get the effect you want out of them.

Xenon bulb system use less electricity than your standard halogen bulb systems. I think it's like 25% less(IIRC...).

Guy