HybridZ

WOW 300hp N/A vg30e

SleeperZ31

IVe been looking for a non turbo non supercharged way to make more power in my beloved 87 z31 for awhile now and stumbled upon hekieman racing motors 300hp@7000rpm 240lbft@55000rpm vg30e motor and WOW its exactly what i need, a practically new warrantied motor to make for a dependable and quick daily driver, BUT i need to know if anyone here has seen, heard OR is using either of his N/A or Turbo longblock motors and if theyre as good as i hear.

Thanks and ill keep my fingers crossed, oh and

PS how much do these f***kers cost? he didnt post a price so that sorta scares me...lol

Yeah my hopes have already been crushed, apparently (in his own words) theres a 311hp mill for 20,000+USD or a 265hp mill for around 9,000USD but theres a core charge for both the engine and ecu so basically youd have to send him both of yours (can you say shipping $ out the a$$) and wait until there completed (who knows how long) im not doubting his work but he didnt even give me a dyno sheet or sound/video clip of the vg30e so im guessing not many have plopped down 20 grand for the mill, oh well ill just work with what i got

If you're looking for a high hp NA VG... build up the VG33. You can do a simple, cheap setup using early Q45 pistons with a slight bore and some head work (cams) for a 3.4 liter 250 hp setup. That's a relatively low compression ratio of 9.4:1, if memory serves, so if you just get a set of custom high compression pistons you might see even more, especially with some more extreme NA cams (custom grind).

Likely because they are much cheaper to build, especially if you can go with the stroker setup and there are a ton more parts available for an NA setup for the L series than the VG from what I've seen. (that's why going turbo with the VG is the best option for power, unless you are looking to do some class racing where setups like that may not be allowed).

Depending on the rules, I'm fairly confident I could build up an NA VG that could compete with the L28 quite well. :mrgreen: