HybridZ

First real effort at tuning nets 336whp, 375tq

Ill update with more information later, but I ran on a dyno this morning. It was a dyno dynamics? He said it would read way lower then a dynojet.

22psi, with boost bleeing off to 20psi across the board netted 336whp and 375 torque. I am going to put a bigger spring in my blowoff valve, I think its blowing open.

WOT sounds real good! I wish I had more information. Ill update later. I gotta run.

Evan

This is an RB25DET btw.

RB25DET S2

T3/T04e stage 3 wheels 60 trim .63ar (22psi)

Custom intake manifold (scottymiz is THE man)

650cc sidefeeds

Exhaust manifold modified to fit tial wastegate

Alky control meth kit (not used this go round)

Z32 maf

FMIC

Head studs

Greddy timing belt (not really a mod but whatever)

Judging by the TQ vs HP that I generally see with RBs there is a lot of power left in there. This is a pretty conservative tune that was done by me, and not an experienced tuner. I really didn't mess with timing, just A/F.

Evan

Thanks guys, I was a little dissapointed but bottom line is I did tune myself. Someone who really understands tuning better could make more power for me.

Apexi power FC.

I have a feeling that run may have netted more like 370 if the boost had not bled off so badly in the end (you can see torque falling off as boost falls).

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Evan

Good looking rb set up Evan!! I'm sure you already know about the MC. Shield, or wrap that bad boy before..... well, you know... :)

Keep the progress pics coming. I'm digging it....

Thanks Joel, your my hero. (only partially joking)

I have not driven it far yet, I figured 1" was enough space? HAHA. Yeah, I need to wrap it for sure. Ill do a down and dirty shield for now. That jet hot coating keeps the heat WAY down underhood. I spent some cash on that coating and it was the right choice (thanks for the shove warren). The good news is that its downright cold outside, but I could see major problems come DNI.

Evan

thats not bad for a first tune and done by you, when you get more time with it you will get her tuned better. The good thing is that you got her running and you got a base line. I'm glad u got everything runnin, i was wondering how the dyno run went. I am curious what size tubing does your ic have? I see that the tb is around a 3 to 3.5" and the ic piping is much smaller. Also is the ic piping the same size as the compressor outlet? I am impressed with the tq numbers and it goes to show she does have alot more in her. When you going back to the dyno?

Scotty, looking at my plots I was making 22psi right when boost came on then it fell to 19 the rest of the way. That may explain the tq vs hp number. I doubt Ill get back on the rollers for about another month. I am going to attempt to tune while I am in GA as well.

IC plumbing is only 2.25" (which is the same as my turbo outlet). I will redo it in 2.5ss this summer hopefully.

Evan

BTW, after checking again I was running a few more degrees of timing than the stock map.

I was talking with jeff from down here in daytona and i made up my mind next year i am skipping bike week and going to the z meet in GA :) Jeffs a very nice guy, had a very clean z i didn't know he lived so close to my moms :) I wish i could make it this year but with the car in the condition it is now i dont wanna rush it and screw something up. Also do you have a wide band o2 sensor? I was am plannin on getting one this year to assist in my tuning since like you i do it myself :)

the haltech hooks in with a wide band so it should display everything for me but it's good to hear u have one :) i'll prolly be callin once i get mine with a few questions ;) Oh yea i was wondering if you could send the stuff to my work addy that way someone is there to accept them. I can give you the addy if you didn't keep the boxes i sent.