HybridZ

boring out l24 block

bluez

hello,everyone my question is has anyone ever heard of an l24 block getting bored out to fit 87mm piston. I know that it is a huge bore but i can't find any thread with that information and if it could be done. I look at the stroker motor and they are boring their's to 89mm all the way to 91mm so why a l24 can't be bored out.thanks

Practical limit at 85mm. Look for some L18 pistons, they do have a dish in them, but that just makes for a good turbo foundation. Hard limit at 86mm. At 87mm you're gonna be risking water damage.

Yes, i'm boring my L24 to 85mm. Yes, it is practical, because all the parts have been donated/recovered for cheap. Just looking for a machine shop....

Anyone else think 130$ is not so bad to get an L24 bored and honed?

In 1981, when I was working in a small local machine shop in Michigan, boring was $20 a hole including finish honing. So yea, $130 for an L is an astounding price today considering inflation! Velios Machine in LA is $50 a bore hole...then again that's a hot bore with girdles and plates. Probably overkill on a street engine...

• 2 weeks later...

Go with the N42 block, steal the l24 crank and slap that ***** in there, go with a huge bore, you have the ultimate revving and hp machine.

Forget the torque though, you won't see anything special there... >_> I may in fact do that with my stuff that I have no if I can't get ld28 crank.