HybridZ

autometer bulb beetleskins

Guest chevsun

Guest chevsun

In the course of my adventures I have lost one of the red beetleskins for the light bulbs in my Autometer gauges. If anyone has one of these they would part with i would gladly pay the shipping and any other appropriate fees. I tried using a marker and the shade is close but I am fussy I guess. I ended up useing 7/32 O-ring material to make the snug fit in the holes then backed them up with a home made bracket and used a little black silocone just to make sure. I did this all with the dash still in the car. My hands took a beating. These cars werent mean't for a 6'2" 230lb man to work on but I must say I like the new look. I also had a battle with the T-56 clutch this evening. When I bled the system I had a rock hard pedal so after looking I realized that the clutch fork wasnt completely engaged onto the throwout bearing on the Mcleod twin disc. After about an hour with a mirror and coathanger I got the flats on the bearing lined up, the fork snapped right into place I put the slave back on and everything worked great! Now it's basically tidy up a few loose ends and wait for nice weather. Still 2' of snow in the field today.

Guest chevsun

MikeKZ: If you will part with one e-mail me and we can trade addresses. I know it is an insignificant piece but I don't like to half a$$ something.

I got Autometer to send me their package of 3 covers (green) for free. The sales lady made it sound very 'matter of factly' that this was a routine thing to send these out to those needing them. She told me to talk to the teck line and ask for them. I did, and they sent them free (with a catalog)

Terry

I bought a used Pro-Comp liquid filled oil pressure gage from Mikeely that was low on oil, believe it or not - the line was down about 3/4 on the gage.

I called Autometer to talk about some other stuff (gage circuits, etc.) and I mentioned needing the oil and he sent out a bottle of it free of charge.

Guest chevsun

Thanks to all who replied. Mike KZ is going to hook me up. I have got to say I have not found another site where the members are so eager to help out others that they don't even know. It restires my faith in humanity. Thanks Mike and thanks to the others at HybridZ.com.

Steve

73 240 chevsun

355,forged bottom, alum top

T-56/w Mcleod twin disc 8-pt cage,RCI buckets/w 5-pt harnesses,

Autometer, Hooker dual 2 1/2 Radar Blue

Guest chevsun

I have been considering a digital camera lately but other things keep coming up like alum Heads, t-56 and all the accessories that's not to mention the motor rebuild/upgrade, and complete suspension rebuild on the vette this winter. If I can find someone with a camera I will post some pics.

Guest Anonymous

Why not go to Wal-mart and buy some of the red tinted bulbs for parking lights? I think they are model #186... I used it in my boost gauge, works perfectly!

Rich

Heh, I'm still wondering what color to make the lights in my Phantoms. White is pretty darned bright, I think I might try blue from a marker to see how it looks. Anyone find a color they really like? A real shame that Autometer killed the EL line - I wanted those badly!

BLKMGK, I've heard from many sources now, that physically orange/red is the easiest on the eyes, and allows for the fastest refocus in the dark after looking at it. That would certainly be my choice.

Unfortunately I am still using the stock speedo and tach. (or at least trying) so I have stuck with green. frown.gif

------------------

"Nothing is fool proof to a sufficiently talented fool."

Richard Lewis - 1972 240z, Powered by a Nissan 2.8L Turbo Inline 6.

Drax240's Turbo Site

Beginners Turbo FAQ & Answers

Guest chevsun

Thanks eskimo 1. Sounds like a good Idea for reference. MikeKZ hooked me up in fine style with the red bulb condoms but I appreciate your input. thanks Steve

Lone, I'm tempted to try blue - can you say El Marko? I'm not to that pont yet but I've been pondering choices and th ecar WILL be driven at night home from cruises pretty often. I've got red in the RX7 and it is pretty easy on the eyes but a bit ugly I think... A shame the Japanese EL gauges either cost too much or are super ugly....

Guest Anonymous

Yeah blue would be cool, I'm still using clear bulbs, but I have the ultra lights, they're a little less bright than the phantoms, but still bright, but after the dim lights the car had in it before, its like daylight in there... smile.gif

Lone