HybridZ

What do you guys think of this 280z

I've been looking for a decent deal on a 70-78 Z in texas. Saw this one today and was thinking about driving to take a look at it. What do you guys think? He says it will need a Crank Kit. I'm looking for something decent that runs with little to no rust. Something i can drive and fix up as i go.

http://austin.craigslist.org/car/594889709.html

That one looks pretty good. But definitely check for rust, leaks, and all the normal stuff.

I havent seen any of those in person, the few cars I've checked out recently weren't up for sale online. Most were over priced, and/or had serious problems that the owners attempted to cover up, or distract me from by talking about all the "new parts" and "recent restoration work"

I lost a perfect rust free shell due to a widow's belief that her former husbands(he was an ex husband in addition to the fact he had passed away) 240 bare, and i do mean bare, shell was worth 7-8k. She had three other non running Z's that a few of the other local guys were interested in.. but she would not bring the price down to any reasonable amount. On top of that, she wouldnt let us see them in person. She only wanted to talk to us through the assistant of the local Z shop, who has since moved away. No one seems to have a way to contact her at this point.

I talked to a guy about this Z today. He said they were the original owner and the car has been sitting in a garage for 13 years. Sounded like a decent deal and that it was in pretty good shape. No pics and this guy sounded like he didn't own a camera. Its in Keller Tx i beleive.

1973 240z $2750. He says it all original.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail.jsp;?tracktype=usedcc&searchType=78&pageNumber=0&numResultsPerPage=50&largeNumResultsPerPage=0&sortorder=descending&sortfield=PRICE+descending&certifiedOnly=false&criteria=K-%7cE-ALL%7cM-_65_%7cH-%7cD-_2998-4006-4008_%7cN-N%7cR-500%7cI-1%7cP-PRICE+descending%7cQ-descending%7cX-antique%7cZ-77373&aff=national&paId=263228400&recnum=2&leadExists=false

Buying an old Z is not like making a marriage proposal or making new friends Offer $400.00 for it. The guy is into cars (VW) and in a "multi"car deal he made, and may have less than $400.00 in it. Make an offer and move on if turned down. Hey we are in a recession and about 85% of the population needs cash to pay the credit card debt and gas to get to work. I bought a 77 Z last year for $450.00 and did not quibble on the price...............no rust and new jet coated headers and a great interior

that sound like a steal for 450.00, I paid 300.00 for mine alli it needed, was drivers floor pan, new injectors, and it had one 1 inch hole in the rocker under the fender, and one hole on each fender in the dog legs. and that was all the rust that is on my car.