HybridZ

Fuel Gauge reads FULL all the time

Mine when disconnected read empty. When jammed against the bracket, it read half full. If yours worked and now reads full all the time, I would guess that you have a short that is running the full current through the circuit, and not limiting the current as the arm in the tank moves across it's windings. Also possible that the arm is jammed, but I would doubt it.

I have 240z that reads fuel gauge full all the time. I have installed a new sending unit from MSA a few weeks ago. It work for a couple of weeks then it stop and reads full all the time what could cause this problem?

Do you drive it?

Yes I drive it, I ran out off gas tuesday morning had to walk 1 mile for gas. at 6am. Ok I just took the sending unit out and I hooked it up with the wires, turn ignition on and moved the arm up and down and looked at the gauge is its working. When i install it onto the tank it reads FULL

AGAIN.

try that test test again and play around with as much of the harness as you can reach. See if it has any obvious breaks in the harness where the wires could short, especially near the point where the harness is attached to the chassis of the vehicle. Also check the obvious, like the area around the two contacts on the sender.

• 1 month later...