HybridZ

Companion flanges

Arif

Arif, not all R200 companion flanges are the same. The best is the 280Z unit and you must use the companion flange and stub axle as a set. So, in order to go to the bigger flange/axle set, you must remove the R180 flange and axle.

Assuming the strut is still in the car, remove the flange and entire brake assembly, attach a slide hammer to the studs and bang away. It sounds crude but the only way I know how. While you are at it, perfect time to replace the bearings.

------------------

Scottie

71 240GN-Z

http://www.mindspring.com/~vscott911/gnz.html

• 3 weeks later...

Mr. Oxendale I presume???

Let me be the first to welcome you to our little comfy spot on the web. Glad to have you here with us.

For those of you who don't know Terry Oxendale, he has been in many Zcar/ Sport Compact Car/ Kit Car magazines, and is the ,astermind behind the AWESOME blue with white Striped Zcar powered by a small block Ford!

Any chance of getting you to create another front clip like yours?

Mike Kelly

------------------

"I will not be a spectator in the sport of life!"

mjk

As soon as I get off my duff, I will send SuperDan the pictures of Terry's car that I've scanned in just recently. He sent me some 30 or so pictures and I need to select which ones to send to Dan.

Look for Terry's car in the Member's ride section. A truly beautiful piece of art and engineering work.