HybridZ

no power

• Administrators
power to lights ,horn ect, no power to ecu.

This one is EASY, but your gonna have to earn it yourself.

1) Purchase a Haynes Manual for whatever car you have. I’m assuming it is one of the several years of Z cars offered as you posted this question in a Z car forum, yet failed to give ANY specifics about the car, year, modifications, (if any), to the electrical system, what portions of what wiring harness did you verify power to and not to, etc.

2) Open the Haynes manual to the section that has the wiring diagram for your car, (generally in the back for the Z cars), and examine the wiring diagram for the EFI, note the power wire/s and the color of those wires. Now trace those wires with a test light/multi-meter back to the battery till you find the break.

3) Open this link below and read through it, paying particular attention to #3.

Click ME!

Good luck…

Paul: 1rad280 had just posted another thread in trouble shooting forum just below this one so I know he has a 75 280.

1rad280: It's a good idea to just continue with the thread you had going or at least let everybody know year make model ect. Anyhow... the ecu has it's own negative and positive power feeds directly from the battery. They're pretty good sized wires (I'd say at least 10-12 gauge) and run across the fire wall from the battery to the drivers side. Check that somebody hasn't replaced the battery cables and didn't bother hooking up the ECU power wires.

on my 1975 280z. I think I have narrowed it down to the fuel injection /fuelpump relay above ecu after reading the z fuel injection (bible) and looking over my huge wire diagram.I have power across the fire wall into the fuelinjection relay but nothing after that. so Im going to barrow parts off of my 76 and maybe that might fix my problem because this finding wires thing stinks.

I failed to tell you no power to it either.The power runs from the battery and goes into fire wall, into the injection relay/fuelpump relay back out to air flow meter. If I'm not mistaken the guy I bought it off of seems to think he crossed the wires from pump with the battery on and I think he may have fries that relay check this out. http://www.atlanticz.ca/zclub/techtips/efisystem/280zfuelinjectionbook.pdf

I replaced the fuel injection relay and the engine turned over with the key.I had power to everything even spark.But it didn't last long after cranking for a few sec,everything quit now I'm back to square one,but closer to square two than befor.Any one have ideas what is causeing the problem?