HybridZ

tranny shipping

abes

Have any of you ever shipped a tranny?? Is it worth it??I have 2 non turbo and one T5 turbo tranny sitting here at home that I have for sale but there 's no demand here in miami. I've had a few people want to buy them but I have no idea of how to ship them.

Please help..Thanks.

Back a few yrs ago, I shipped a rear end. Basically, I built a cage of wood around it, made a handle of wiring covered with material on the top and called UPS. In your case, get a pallet and strap/bolt it on the pallet and take it to a freight company. There are pics on the forum. Call UPS and see what they will take because freight is expensive. Good luck and I could use the T-5.

I have shipped 2 transmissions through UPS. What I did was just wrap it real tight with cardboard (basically rolled the cardboard around it, slit the high spots and folded it under or over and covered it with tape real tight). It will probably cost you about $100+/- to ship it this way.

JT

I have shipped 2 transmissions through UPS. What I did was just wrap it real tight with cardboard (basically rolled the cardboard around it, slit the high spots and folded it under or over and covered it with tape real tight). It will probably cost you about $100+/- to ship it this way.

JT

Were they received in good condition? Man, those depot workers throw that stuff around and they get broken pretty easy. I would be surprised if they arrive in 1 piece. But it is probably lot cheaper then sending by freight.

There's a guy on ebay who uses a large tupperware plastic box. It looks to be big enough to fit the tranny inside, and then he fills it with padding.

FWIW, my used tranny came in a big box via UPS. The box was in surprisingly good condition and the tranny in fine shape. Still, I wouldn't recommend that approach for obvious reasons.