HybridZ

Nitrous rules that apply to our cars...

I am starting to install my nitrous kit in my car but before I start I need to know if there are specific NHRA rules about how the kit is installed to run at the strip with it.

Like...

*Can I run the nitrous feed line in the car?

*Can it be mounted in the cabin without any extra shielding between the bottle and driver? (I have a blow down kit for the bottle).

Anything else that you guys can think of so that it's as painless as possible when I get inspected would be greatly appreciated!:burnout:

Guy

Yes it can be mounted in the car with the blow down tube. My blow down tube is actually 1/2" braided fuel line with AN-8 fitting on one end. The location of my bottle made it a little tough to run the straight down tube. This has made it through tech, no problem.

Make sure the bottle is secure.

I am under the impression that the feed hose is to be outside the cabin. That is how I ran mine and I was asked about it.

The bottle heating system should be regulated with either a pressure or temperature cut-off.

Now I should say that I am no expert, but I have teched my car in several tracks and these are the things that were looked at.

Jody

The blow down tube needs to be vented outside of the car. Yes the nitrous bottle and feed line can be installed in the car. Note when mounting the fuel solenoid make sure the fuel regulator is not mounted on the firewall. NHRA specs are no fuel mounted to the firewall. Also note you must have a neutral safety switch as well, I know nothing to do with nitrous but wanted to add it. Also you will need a radiator catch can, not a beer can but a real catch can.

If you need anymore help please let me know....

John

Come on guys I need some help... I know some of you run nitrous at the track.

Guy:wc:

You mean I need a clutch switch, so it can't start with out the clutch being pushed in? I forgot I need to install that! Thanks for the reminder!

I have my fuel filter and regulator mounted to the firewall. Hmmm that sucks. I'll have to see what I can do about that.

I have a catch can so thats done.

Guy