HybridZ

Has anyone tried...

Spyder Z 15

To mount the stock seats lower in a Z32? I just picked up a 93 slicktop for one smokin' deal, but I'd like a little more head room cause I'm 6'8". I can live with the current height, but I thought I'd try asking the mad fab people here if they had any thoughts.

Yeah I'm thinking that along with an aftermarket steering wheel with an extended hub. This is my 4th Z32, but my 2nd 2+0. I didn't have a problem with my auto 2+0 but with the 5 speed I'm a little stuck. I might cut off the dead pedal too. Dunno yet.

• Administrators
... I just picked up a 93 slicktop for one smokin' deal, but I'd like a little more head room cause I'm 6'8"....

Oh, you don’t want the slick top, trust me.spaccio.gif

I’ll come down, give you a song and dance for that car and save you from that slick top. hug.gif

Lol. I know that this car is rare as hell. It's 1 of 87 Ultra Red '93 slicktops.

What's weird is after I got off of the train this afternoon the seats seemed a little lower. Maybe it's from the heat? But if I could just lower it a little bit more I would be in 6'8" hog heaven.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I am not really a tall guy at 5ft 10in but my torso is a little long and I come close the roof line. I was thinking of two things to do.

You can either alter the seat springs to allow you to sit lower, an old hot rod trick. The other is to actually trim the foam. Both can be done at the same time through any local upholsterer for cheap.

The other is to pick out a cust seat with rails. Note that all the "el cheapo" ebay seats come with weak universal rails that you have to really chop up or make custom hinges to make work.