HybridZ

N/A Turbo Conversion Video Write Up

biohazard53188

So I'm doing my turbo conversion on my N/A 280zx this weekend and I figured Ill film some of it along the way to make a sort of video write up to help anyone else who is looking to perform the conversion as well. Regardless it will be kind of interesting and fun to do.

Any Ideas?

I'm going to go over fabbing the turbo pan, parts, process, etc..... This will also be a California swap so I will go over emissions stuff as well.

Give me your thoughts on this guys.:icon42:

I was going to turbo my Z next week but I have to wait till the 29th which is when I will be getting zxt injectors... anyways, be sure to list everything that is needed because that is a very commonly asked question, Also the things that are not to strait forward, such as the return line on an NA oil pump. and dont forget to show us and after vid of your car flying down the street!!!:D:biggrin::D

so i ran into a problem that may push my conversion back to next weekend :(. There is a small block that connects the turbo oil feed line and the oil pressure sensor together so both can be connected to the same hole in the block. This item seems to be missing and a turbo car at the pick n pull is next to impossible to find. What can i do to replace this block? Anything i can buy off the shelf? Or does somebody around the Sacramento area have one?

I dont... I have not yet done this myself, only tons of research, my turbo conversion will be taking place very soon though... maybe somebody else knows?

where is auburn, I would love to help you with the work and vid if its not to far from Napa

Actually I just visited some friends in Sonoma about a week ago. Its about a 2 hour drive so not too close. If I can get a hold of something that will work out for me I will be heading back over in that area next week. Maybe if we can sync up you can check it out. I'm just hoping Ill figure this out. Such a small part holding off all my plans for this weekend:nono:

• 4 weeks later...