HybridZ

r 26dett installation

zmaster

No problem with the linkage... handful of stuff you need to change on the RB26 and car to make it fit in the Z. Read the stickies at the top of the forum and do some searches, lots of really good information on this board concerning the swap.

• 1 month later...

when this swap is being done, can you use the stock driveshaft, or do i need to measure, and get one made special?

How is the accelerator linkage redone? is it a cable linkage, or does it still use the bar linkage on the 26dett?,

and one last thing, are you able to leave the clutch pedal like it is, or do you have to modify it in order to work.

I am trying to get some good searchinig done on these questions so please don't say use the saearch...... The search button really is my friend on a lot of things, and issues so far, so less and less of my simple questions that i wanted to ask have not been in new posts because of the search.

when this swap is being done, can you use the stock driveshaft, or do i need to measure, and get one made special?

Stock driveshaft???? as in the l28 driveshshaft??? If you use all the parts listed in the "so you wanna do an rb swap" stickie everything bolts in./

How is the accelerator linkage redone? is it a cable linkage, or does it still use the bar linkage on the 26dett?,

The pedal has to be modified to accept a cable. very easy to do look at a cable then look at the pedal and make it happen. eveyone does it different. AZC has a very well documented how to on how to convert to a cable read up at http://www.arizonazcar.com

and one last thing, are you able to leave the clutch pedal like it is, or do you have to modify it in order to work.

Clutch pedal dosnt require anything, you may want to rebuild the slave and master cylinder or replace with new parts to ensure its up to the task.

I am trying to get some good searchinig done on these questions so please don't say use the saearch...... The search button really is my friend on a lot of things, and issues so far, so less and less of my simple questions that i wanted to ask have not been in new posts because of the search.

There i didnt say search.... MANNN im getting soft in my old age :icon56:

I should have asked this question better. If i use the stock 280z driveshaft will the engine be set back to the firewall, and lowered for better handling? Or will it be foward, and up with the z31 engine moungts, because I plan on making my own to get it where i want it. Thats what I am really worried about the engine being too hig, and not set back far enough.

I should have asked this question better. If i use the stock 280z driveshaft will the engine be set back to the firewall, and lowered for better handling? Or will it be foward, and up with the z31 engine moungts, because I plan on making my own to get it where i want it. Thats what I am really worried about the engine being too hig, and not set back far enough.

You can't use the 280z driveshaft, Stony told you that.

I put the motor right where I wanted it and welded mounts in, its not rocket science. Measure for driveshaft...

IMO buy the parts that will make it work and be done, you will burn a ridiculously large amount of time fabricating mounts etc.. where you could have the super sweet infinity machining ones.

I was wanting my engine to sit in the engine bay just like this one. It looks far enough back to the firewall for the weight transfer to even out

Mine in it's previous setup was at 51 front 49 rear. with the suspension i had i believe that could have been tuned out very easily. and that was with the rb20 z31 mounts.