HybridZ

powerforce dampers?

Mack

SO, Ive been reading up on them all over the web and what I can read on here that is L series specific, but the one thing I havent ran across is a freaking review!!!!!

I read about how they are a bitch to install and all, but Im looking at the 90055 series, the SFI approved ones. ANyone running these? how are they performing? $155 is a pretty damn tempting price from MSA.

I have the power force dampener from MSA.. I have the 90 dollar one. So far it is doing great. Some say on here that they are a bit tough to get on.. but I didn't really have any troubles. I have put maybe 1000 miles on it so far. It seems to rev really smooth. I have only taken it up to about 6500.

i think you are supposed to have them honed so they have a better fit. i would try to heat it up some with a heat gun and then put it on so its on tighter. makes it less likely to come off or to wobble. the bhj dampers have it in there install instructions to have to hone the damper so you get a tighter fit.

my romac balancer for my rb30 states that it is to be put into a heated oven for 2 minutes at 180 degrees, and then slid on carefully with the keyway inserted prior to fitting- turning or moving the crank while it's expanded due to heat may gall the snout while it's slowly contracting if you try to align the keyway and slide a key in AFTER mounting it. That will cause vibration even when fit rather snugly and driven.

Getting it off is rather involved, as it would require even surface-heating for over 5 minutes with a powerful heat gun. Doing that with a fluidamper or an elastomer bonded balancer is critical, as an uneven heating can cause catastrophic failure.

It's the same as anything, be friggen careful. LOL

I don't like heating anything that has rubber and glue in it. You are better off honing it to properly fit your crankshaft. This way no heat is involved in installation or removal. I also had to slightly file the Woodruff key slots, so the Woodruff keys would fit properly into the slot in the damper.