HybridZ

rb20 tranny to rb25 motor pilot issue

voltron_boi

i ran into an issue today. my clutch kit just came in today and i was going to put it into the rb25 motor. but instead the clutch that i got, everything bolt in, upset the new pilot (bush)bearing doesnt bolt into the rb25 motor.i was carous, is it necessary to put the new pilot bush in? help please

i ran into an issue today. my clutch kit just came in today and i was going to put it into the rb25 motor. but instead the clutch that i got, everything bolt in, upset the new pilot (bush)bearing doesnt bolt into the rb25 motor.i was carous, is it necessary to put the new pilot bush in? help please

Sorry my friend, you will have to explain your problem a little clearer.

If you have a pilot bush in the rear of the crank already, you will not be able to insert the new one without first removing the old one.

If you never had one in the rear of the crank, then listen to the above post.

No matter which way it is right now, you shouldn't be bolting your pilot bush into the motor...

Please explain your situation better if this did not help you with the install.

if the rb25 engine was an auto before, how can i switch it into a manual engine, what part will need to be taken off, so the manual pilot bush would bolt in. if this is compacated i will post pictuer later, so u guys will get a better veiw at it. thax

i used a flat chisel and a hammer on mine making a score down the inside of it and then just kept taking a bit more off each time til it got weak enuf or went thru the bearing then used a smaller chisel and bent the two sides in to kinda crush it then it came right out. But it does take time and as stated is a pain in the butt ;)

last night we dermal the hole a lot larger. now can we fit the pilot bush in. but now the pilot bush have cracks on it. plus when putting the tranny on, tranny does not go in all the way. it fits the long tips but rite after the tip it doesnt go in anymore.any suggestion hybridz.

last night we dermal the hole a lot larger. now can we fit the pilot bush in. but now the pilot bush have cracks on it. plus when putting the tranny on, tranny does not go in all the way. it fits the long tips but rite after the tip it doesnt go in anymore.any suggestion hybridz.

Did you use the clutch alignment tool? if you didn't then it will also cause problems going in.