HybridZ

Rota Flashback wheels...any info on these?

Looks like another version of the same "knock off" to me. I do believe they are not the exact wheels the OP is asking about. They have a Honda-esk offset too.

I am interested in the wheels in the first post myself, be nice in a 16x7-8 with a 0 offset.

I know nothing about 'Drag Extreme Alloys' or the parent company 'Ultimate Products Corporation'...but look a bit askance at a company that has nothing on their brand site's 'About' page and has no readily available corporate site. All I could find was a few patents for fenders for dually pickups. Caveat Emptor.

In Drag's defense the photo on their site looks good, and they have a range of options.

• 2 months later...

Talked to Kim @ Rota and he says they are called "SA Racing" and are 8 weeks backordered.

here is a funny ebay listing for a pink set!

(Edit: I emailed him back asking what bolt patterns, offsets and height x widths they will be available in. Will report back later)

Good lord...for that sort of dough, you could get a set of 3-piece custom built wheels pretty handily.

I'm actually really tempted by Jongbloed's 204, 214, and 4-spoke 3-pc McLaren. If you're going to spend $1000+ on a set of wheels, get something made specifically for your individual car after you've got the suspension properly set up.

Hehehe or you do this:

Email From Kim Bong @ Rota this morning;

Hi

You can order sizes, offsets and colors that you want.

Kim

- Hide quoted text -

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 17:34:09 -0500 "Griffin" writes:

If I want to order could you let me know what sizes, offsets and colors are available?

is the SA RACING made with a 4x114.3 bolt pattern?

Thanks again!

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 4:34 PM, KIM BONG wrote:

Hi

We can do back order for 2 months.

Kim

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 06:56:07 -0500

Does the SA Racing come in the 4x114.3 bolt pattern? And if so what are the 15x7 offsets available?

Thanks!

So, apparently you can custom order your ROTA wheels at no additional cost, you just have to wait 8 weeks to get them! -SOLD-!

I am not sure how stout the flashbacks would be, I do know the old school Rotas took plenty of punishment sliding on the mountain sides. If they are still building rims to that specification I imagine they would be pretty stout.

My personal preference, Advan RG, sexy and work well, I don't have any proof to show you other than to say I ran them on numerous occasions as Highland and Tsukuba.