HybridZ

EFI Fuseable Link

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry ment to have a LOL or something. Did do that before. The wire only lasted so long. It was less reliable than a fuseable link.

I highly recommend that you only use oem or better parts in any car.

Actually I'm a fan of getting rid of the fuseable links in place of using blade fuses. You can't find those stupid links hardly anywhere, and it's much easier to go to the local parts store and buying a box of 5 fuses for like 3 bucks. And it cleans up the engine bay. I plan on doing the same to my car soon.

What is this wire connection from the negative terminal of the battery that connects to the EFI harness?? And what is this red wire from the positive terminal of the battery going into the EFI harness?? Is the red wire a fusible link? If it is a fuseable link what amp is it, I will replace with newer fuses. More pics coming soon.

z car_thumb.JPG

that still doesn't answer my question.... this may be the answer to all of my fuel pump problems....The sooner I can find out the answer to

(WHAT AMP IS THE EFI FUSEABLE LINK) the sooner I can get my car on the road.

Indirectly, the link did. That is, if you had one to verify the color of it.

On my '77, there is a black link with two connectors on it held together by a nylon tie. Not for certain if it changed through the years.

FWIW, the microfiche states for production years

8/76 - 7/77 P/N 24022-N4200 - 1 req'd per car

for 8/77 up: P/N 24022-U8700 AND 24022-N7600, one each per car.

(Info found: Fiche E8, 54B-3, item #45)

What is this wire connection from the negative terminal of the battery that connects to the EFI harness??

provides a ground for the control unit. The reason it has a nylon connector? my guess is so the positive and negative connections to the control unit would not get mixed up.

And what is this red wire from the positive terminal of the battery going into the EFI harness??
I can't say for certain from the picture you provided. I just checked mine, both the positive and negative leads from the control unit are heavy gauge red wires.

Hope this helps.

Wayne

FWIW, the microfiche states for production years

8/76 - 7/77 P/N 24022-N4200 - 1 req'd per car

for 8/77 up: P/N 24022-U8700 AND 24022-N7600, one each per car.

(Info found: Fiche E8, 54B-3, item #45)

What does that mean??? what is FWIW and where do I go to eneter in the product number?

I have a wire nut because I want to do it right. All my connections will be redone and replaced with a splice block. What is the amp rating? I don't know and if I can not figure it out with the search button, than starting low will suffice for me. Of couse there will be a few extras laying around.