HybridZ

Looking for info on old Nissan comp springs

Ok Here's the story.

I purchased a set of front and rear coil springs out the Nissan competition catalog in probably 1990 or so. I put them on the car and drove it for a short amount of time then the car was parked since then. I just got the car back on the street and I'm not happy at all with the harshness of the ride. It handles like a dream but I'm making this my daily driver so I need something a little more forgiving. Does anyone have any direct experience with these springs and can maybe help me establish a benchmark as to how stiff they really are.

I want to buy a new set of springs but I don't want to end up with the same ride as I have now.

Thanks

Derek

I might be interested in your springs that you have now if someone can find the rates and stuff for you. I'm Looking for 225f/250r rates and something that will give it a nice drop. Looking for a Linear set so if I need I can cut springs to lower as I need.

If only I could remember!!

I think they were Bosch but i'm not sure. I'm not even sure if Bosch made shocks for the Z. I got them from one of my customers who had a Z car specialty shop in Fort Lauderdale. I was going to go with KYBs but he talked me out of them. At this point I think I'm going to have to tear it apart and see what I have.

I have access to a press and a 400 lb digital scale so I can measure the rates. At that point I'll figure what I'm going to do.

Thanks

Derek

Shocks contribute more to ride harshness then springs. What shocks are you running?

IMHO, spring rates in the 175 to 225 range are about perfect on a street 240Z with good shocks (Tokico Illuminas, Tokico HTS, Koni 8610s, etc.). That's coming from a 48 year old man who drives a F350 every day.

Well I just turned 49 today and my main ride is a F250 4wd Diesel. I'll certainly take this info seriously!!!

I really didn't want the car apart for too long in the shop so I was trying to get a handle on what I have. I'm going to drive it like it is for a few weeks so I can get a little road time in. 10 or 12 years out of my Z is just too long. I'm looking for all kinds of errands to run.

Thanks

Derek

IMHO, spring rates in the 175 to 225 range are about perfect on a street 240Z with good shocks (Tokico Illuminas, Tokico HTS, Koni 8610s, etc.). That's coming from a 48 year old man who drives a F350 every day.