HybridZ

280zx brake options.

ive been searching for hours, and i cant find anything on brake upgrades for the s130 other than changing to z31. is it possible to use the toyota 4 piston calipers on a 79 s130? im sorry if this has been covered before. if it has can someone point me in the right direction?

What's wrong with the stock brakes?

they are adequate for stock brakes. i just want it to stop like my fc3s. my fc has 4 pistons stock. it actually hurts to brake in that thing. theres absolutely nothing wrong with the stock setup. it actually stops quite well. i dont know. im still up in the air about it.

they are adequate for stock brakes. i just want it to stop like my fc3s. my fc has 4 pistons stock. it actually hurts to brake in that thing. theres absolutely nothing wrong with the stock setup. it actually stops quite well. i dont know. im still up in the air about it.

Brakes are kind of a pass/fail sort of thing. Once you lock up the tires, it doesn't matter if you have 15" Brembos or 4 wheel drums. The tires matter more.

There are 5 basic questions you have to ask yourself before doing an upgrade:

1.) Can I lock up the front wheels with stock brakes?

2.) Do I have heat fade with stock brakes?

3.) Do I have good balance with stock brakes?

4.) Do I have good feel with stock brakes?

5.) Is the stock system easy enough to maintain?

The first one is the most important. The S130 comes with 4 wheel discs, so I think with Hawk HP's and some good brake fluid, you should have great brakes.

Brakes are kind of a pass/fail sort of thing. Once you lock up the tires, it doesn't matter if you have 15" Brembos or 4 wheel drums. The tires matter more.

There are 5 basic questions you have to ask yourself before doing an upgrade:

1.) Can I lock up the front wheels with stock brakes?

2.) Do I have heat fade with stock brakes?

3.) Do I have good balance with stock brakes?

4.) Do I have good feel with stock brakes?

5.) Is the stock system easy enough to maintain?

The first one is the most important. The S130 comes with 4 wheel discs, so I think with Hawk HP's and some good brake fluid, you should have great brakes.

Heres the kicker. For under 800 you can do a great setup using Wilwoods Forged Superlite calipers and a whole boat load of suppliers that provide rotors and pads. Its like the v8 aftermarket but for brakes. I have seen Toyota Vented front setups go for $500 and people are paying for obsolete brakes when they can buy a racing develope package for only a small fraction more. Its not always weather its stock brakes but how well your money is being spent and what value you are adding to the z in doing so.

There are many beneficial reason to upgrade the brake. I dont have time to list these difficult reason.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=124 here is a thread started by someone who bought our adapters for the 280zx.

Juan

Heres the kicker. For under 800 you can do a great setup using Wilwoods Forged Superlite calipers and a whole boat load of suppliers that provide rotors and pads. Its like the v8 aftermarket but for brakes. I have seen Toyota Vented front setups go for $500 and people are paying for obsolete brakes when they can buy a racing develope package for only a small fraction more. Its not always weather its stock brakes but how well your money is being spent and what value you are adding to the z in doing so.

There are many beneficial reason to upgrade the brake. I dont have time to list these difficult reason.

http://forum.ratsun.net/showthread.php?t=124 here is a thread started by someone who bought our adapters for the 280zx.

Juan

I see you are trying to sell something. That changes things a bit.:lol:

For under $800 you can buy a setup that has little or no chance of properly balancing with the rear until you buy another $800 rear kit.