HybridZ

New Ls1 vid & Plans for the Z

So, driving season is very near and what do I plan to do with the Z? Well now that I am working and getting rid of my college loans...I plan to spend every dollar wisely on the Z this year. First I have to start with the suspension! It sucks right now.....unsafe if you really want to know. Why? Well shocks are too soft, no swap bars, old rubber all the way around the car, strut upper mounts are worn and finally tires are unbalanced. Also, my steering shakes all the time! It has been getting worse as time goes on. I have checked the car a few times and can't figure out what is going on. So the joy of just driving the car is gone and now I want it to be done right!

So I am making a new list of parts I want to install before I start driving it for the summer:

phase 1

-new shocks

-sway bars

-finish cage

-new front/rear strut bars

-new bushings

-new strut tops

-install new Q45 front mount

-check tranny for slipping clutch

-install new tires (toyo proxies 245/35/17)

phase 2

-finish up wiring

-new head lights (hid's)

-motor work

This spring I do look forward to working on the Z! Atleast I was able to drive it for 6 months and that was worth the battle alone. Don't get me wrong..my car is "safe"...I drove it to Fl and back but it is not where I would like it to be and doesn't handle for my driving style ( back roads )...lol

Anyway here is another quick vid, sorry for the quality. Youtube really makes these vids look like crap. I will try another site soon...this was shoot with a HD dvd cam?! Here it it:

Let me know what you think. Alway like to hear from you guys.

Clive

Mike thanks, I did the steering couple already. Just need to do the rest of the bushings. Part of the learning curve....it is good in a way because now I know the feeling of "bad/old" parts vs what it will feel like once replaced. Mike you and a few other v8 guys is what I would love to have my Z look like! Soon....

No paint! lol

I want the car running right and all the in and outs gone through before the paint. That is def last thing on my mind. I want a great handling Z with lots of power (425ish @ the wheels).

Tom- Sorry! lol...Yes you now have to do the LS1....you and Joe will have them buy next year. I am looking for the donors....=)

Clive

Guest 280ZForce

coming along nicely Clive, it sounds good and healthy... atleast your z runs *sighs*

for suspension what strut/spring combo you have now? If you want to keep it simple just get the tokico hp or illumina w/ lowering springs kit (not sure if yours already has lowering springs or not).

As far as video hosting try google video, that might help host a better quality video.

280zforce, I love your Z! I know it will run very soon. Right now I have coil overs with 225 front/250 rears, illuminas non-adjust all the way around. Crap! Next time I get the car on the lift I will have to take pics for you guys. The springs in the front are rubbing on the "threaded" collar of the coil over setup. I believe I may need helper springs. Thinking maybe I had cut to much out of the strut itself, who knows. The more I think, the more I want to fix it and get it right. To anyone reading....if you ever get a slight feeling your car isn't as safe as you would like it...fix it! I am not even worried about geting hurt in my car...I am afraid something will break and cause me to crash it...that would be a huge crush. BTW, seeing your car makes me want to paint my Z red.

Clive