HybridZ

Video of the car

Finally got around to getting my first video uploaded of the car! It's not Big Phil quality but shows a lot of the car and me driving it :-)

BTW, the car needs an alignment BAD!!! The steering wheel shakes violently in the video at one point if you watch closely.

Enjoy:

Nice job, the LS1 sure looks at home in there. Sound strong.

Finally got around to getting my first video uploaded of the car! It's not Big Phil quality but shows a lot of the car and me driving it :-)

BTW, the car needs an alignment BAD!!! The steering wheel shakes violently in the video at one point if you watch closely.

Enjoy:

The gauge in the air vent is the volt meter, but same idea hehe. I saw a picture of 1tuffz's interior and got the idea from him:wink:

You can see the road if you watch more of the video ! :) But yeah, I need to take a passenger along for the ride to videotape me. It sucks to have to break in the clutch for another 490 miles or so...

I have 2 questions for anybody that may have the answers.

1. What should I look for to fix the shaking of the wheel when I turn it a little to the left? A friend of mine told me to look for any play in the tie rod...

2. It seems like my tach's signal may be weak. Did you guys run the tach signal from the plug on the LS1 harness or from the wire before it entered the PCM???

Thanks,

Tim

BuZy:

The rack seems fine, I replaced all the old worn out rubber bushings with poly bushings before I dropped the engine in. I'm going to check the little ball bearings around the steering shaft like I found in other posts and go from there.......