HybridZ

what springs to use

I have a 331 stroker powered 76 280Z and I need help with spring selection. The car has been lowered and i need to get it back up so i can put some larger tires on it. Do i just purchase stock 280 springs? I have searched this some and saw that some are putting 240 lowering springs on. Is this the ticket to set this back to a heighth that i can tuck a

pair of draglites maybe 15x8? Thanks in advance. Car runs great but gets horrible wheel hop. Im hoping this will help.

ed

maybe just get stock springs and very good shocks, and if you want it to handle better also get sway bars.

either than that i don't think there are stock size springs that are stiffer that don't lower your car. they all lower it about an inch or so.

make sure you have the 280z stock spring hat (i think that's what they call them) since the 240z is about an inch shorter. which makes the car that much lower.

Im not really sure whats on the car. I know they are eibach springs but not sure on the series. I will using the car for street and strip so im not real concerns with handling. While i was searching for this i found a draglite wheel post and seems some were using a 240z lowering spring. Maybe im mistaken. I think the spring insulators are no in. Any help would be great.

ed