HybridZ

raising the boost, how much?

83turbo280zx

hey guys, im raising the boost on my 83 zx-t, how much should i do w/o an intercooler and stock ecu? i hear 10psi is safe on stock injectors and no intercooler, and i do have a greddy type S bov, so i wont have to worry about compressor surge, i also have a 3" full exhaust on the way, what should i do for the pop off valve? should i just take it off and plug it off w/ something from home depot?

SEARCH!!! its been covered many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times..

Helping people out is what this forum is for..... http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=115383&highlight=raising+stock+boost

I dont go there either and thats why. This forum expects its members to search to find the information that is already been covered many times. If someone doesnt have enough desire to find the info he wants that he cant press the search button. Then why should we go out of our way to spoon feed him the answer. I have been noticing that its becoming more and more of a trend for people not to search. More and more posts are regarding to basic simple stuff that can be found in the archives rather easily. All right im done. My thing is simply "Help yourself"

A bit of advice and cheap insurance I can give to you is.. Upgrade your Fuel pump. The stock pump starts to fail pretty badly at 10psi.. and if it is weak.. you go lean lean lean.. I have a walbro 255. I picked it up new for 100 bucks. I think its worth looking into.

+1 on the Walbro. I wouldn't touch the boost without it.