HybridZ

Urgent Answer Needed Please?Auto computer with manual trans swap?

78' 280z auto,Doing a five speed conversion,I have all the parts and should be driveable in a day.But I helped someone do a conversion on a cressida and i didn't go the day the fixed the computer so it thinks it is in neutral and for the clutch to have to be engaged to start. Need Info tonight,gonna hopefully finish the 280z conversion tomorrow... Can someone send me a link are point me in the right direction?Need to now how to rewire the auto computer? Thanks

its a toyota 91' cressida,a car with the 7m supra engine but in the states it only came N/A and automatic.so we bought 2 and swaped in supra 5spds.But when you swap a tranny from automatic to manual (vice versa) you need to clip some wires in the ecu or place the wires in different places,so the car doesn't think its in park all the time...?Does someone have a diagram or maybe have done it before? Thanks

for cressida; wire park sensor switch to clutsh safety switch, so it will start when clutch is pressed.

As I recall, 1st gens didn't have any crank safety device. Don't take my word for it. Almost burnt out my starter, when my auto 280z sralked and was stuck in drive. cranked the ignition in gear about 20 feet to get it started again. was able to shift after that.

When I removed that engine I was surprised that only one thing electrical attached to the tranny, the reverse lights. so I don't think you will have any problems like your other swap. Its a pre-OBD-I system.