HybridZ

Help picking a radiator

turbostroker

We put an 82 rad from the turbo donor car in during the swap and I have been mightily impressed. Have been in Vegas rush hour and it never broke a sweat. What kind of driving will you be doing? I often drive from Calgary to California and if I spring a leak in some out of the way place, I can always find a rad shop to repair the stocker. Try getting one of those guys to repair an aluminum jobbie....

My driving will mostly be local street cruising and some track time, probably won't be going on any cross country trips in the Z (no room for the wife and 2 kids). Thanks for the link Challenger, it was interesting.

I would like to use an aluminum unit. I know some of the hard core guys on the forum will bash me for saying I like the look...... but "I like the look". I know function over form, but I want my cake and eat it too.

Guest Cyclone

Hey guys....... I was a former Z-Car owner & member here & awhile after I sold the Z, I started my own business. One of the things I specialize in is designing custom built cooling systems for HP applications & streetrods.

So let me know if you have any cooling questions or concerns and I will try to help....

PM me for pics

If you go aluminum remember to isolate it from the body. The aluminum acts like an anode for the steel and will deteriorate into a bunch of pin holes. It needs to be fully detached using rubber or plastic an an isolator.