TBD Stall ~3000

8.5 CR

Ford 9"

Moser 33 spline, full spool 4.11

31 Slicks 10.5" W

I will have twin turbos probably 10 psi to debug then 14.7

I plan to on using a solid cam and suspect my range will be

228 @ 114 with .550 lift

I will have Delta cut the cam but feel that is roughly where I will be. The heads are iron mild port with 2.02/1.6 and the rockers will be 1.6

The car will be for Drag and my goal is 5.99 in 1/8 which means I will need ~650 RWHP. The car is nearing completion attached are a couple pics

6874_thumb.attach

6875_thumb.attach

6876_thumb.attach

6877_thumb.attach

6878_thumb.attach

6879_thumb.attach

Thanks the cage is in place I did it first. I have slacked or it would be done.

I will have top mount headers I bought them this week those are similiar but from a friends firebird

Turbos will likely be 60-1 they will be responsive. I used one and love it soo those on there are 57 trim with 70 compressor to get to 5's I need ~650

OK I ran all that info thru my software and I called crower/crane/isky, to verify what I got in results bye thier tech guys

YES IM WELL AWARE theres several ways to maximize the turbo maps pressure curve and cylinder fill efficincy, now theres several factors that you left out so I was forced to assume a few things here,one is that were working with slightly restrictive heads, and that you really want 650 plus hp,that and I didn,t know the turbo maps I was working with so I was forced to assume they were almost ideally matched to that LT1/377 displacement and 3500rpm-6400rpm power band, and the cars weight was about 3300 lbs with you in it, and its 99% a race car application with race octane fuel

ID suggest youll want a significantly larger cam that you thought if you really want 650hp AND a massive tq curve with that combo, partly because the heads are slightly restrictive but mostly to maximize the tq curve, and your goal is over 650hp (yes youll need to change springs on the heads and do some clearance work.)

ID suggest a CRANE 10R000015 solid roller cam,(thats normally a 106 LCA) but have it custom ground on a 112 LCA

its got a 630 lift on BOTH the intake and exhaust and a 248/256 durration, yes its says 3500rpm-7200rpm but your larger displacement makes it fit the 377 just fine

youll need to order from CRANE 386-258-6174

anyway thats what ID put in the engine IF IT WAS MY CAR and I was serious about wanting over 650hp

Nice.

I'm running different heads (afr 227's full cnc race) smaller motor (355) and I run a solid roller, that's about .600 lift and 25X duration, 114 LSA, can't remember the spec's right off my head. Turbo's are about what you have right now my wastegates are 18psi. I'd guess with the restricted heads you'd want alittle more duration on the exhaust although alot of lift probably wouldn't benefit you that much if at all.

Are you going blow through or EFI?

What are your rear end measurements wheel flange to wheel flange?

Wheel dimensions, width, bolt pattern and backspacing?

Thanks for the help. My idea is to 'start' with the stock heads (in hand) and probably uograde to AFR 227. The heads are machined for larger springs and either way a friend has a machine shop so he can make it right for what I need.

Yes the car will likely be on the street to get a burger or such not 'street' driven. It has all lights etc.

Again thanks for all the help I expect to buy a cam soon...I am trying to get the car to track this fall and HOPING to hit <6.1 then make adjustments to turbos and heads. Simply put it cost alot to get it out of garage so I will likely have to wait for 'real setup'

A related question for car is where to find a adjustable proportional valve for brakes. I think I will have stock (maybe Toyota front) and rear has S-10.

Nice.

I'm running different heads (afr 227's full cnc race) smaller motor (355) and I run a solid roller, that's about .600 lift and 25X duration, 114 LSA, can't remember the spec's right off my head.

I didn't see your reply you must have answered literally at the same time I wrote. I want larger 227 but $$ are tight now sooo

What kind of HP you making? A friend had on a 350 with 230/242 (306) makes ~625 RWHP with the same stock (modified) LT1 heads that I have, but he also used ~125 NOS

Turbo's are about what you have right now my wastegates are 18psi. I'd guess with the restricted heads you'd want alittle more duration on the exhaust although alot of lift probably wouldn't benefit you that much if at all.

Are you going blow through or EFI?

I will be an LT1 EFI. All we run are LT1 one is a hybrid ie old style 400 with modified timing chain cover using an opti spark with EFI intake, and a solid cam with LT1 front on it. Makes for a nice setup

What are your rear end measurements wheel flange to wheel flange?

Wheel dimensions, width, bolt pattern and backspacing?

A couple weeks ago I knew that. It is in TN so I will see it again 8 May. Wheels as I recall are 4.5" offset, has 10.5" W x 31" tire, bolt pattern is Chevy.

I am drawing a blank on other I ordered the Mosers like Dec 07 so all forgotten now. It is 33 spline full spool 4.11 is all I can remember. And the center dimension also escapes me. I know it was tight to get 4 link and a seat to fit. I had to notch the seat back to allow it to fit. I have room for more tire since the tubs are WIDE--just would take different rim to push tire in some.

I"m not sure how much HP it's making. It's been sitting all winter and I'm working on new shop facilities, just installed lift. I'll have it out here soon, we'll see. Mine is blowthrough with a C&S 850 aerosol billet carb, not a heck of alot to tune on those, mainly jets.

The new setup in the new z is going to be single turbo TPI.

I didn't see your reply you must have answered literally at the same time I wrote. I want larger 227 but $$ are tight now sooo

What kind of HP you making? A friend had on a 350 with 230/242 (306) makes ~625 RWHP with the same stock (modified) LT1 heads that I have, but he also used ~125 NOS

I will be an LT1 EFI. All we run are LT1 one is a hybrid ie old style 400 with modified timing chain cover using an opti spark with EFI intake, and a solid cam with LT1 front on it. Makes for a nice setup

A couple weeks ago I knew that. It is in TN so I will see it again 8 May. Wheels as I recall are 4.5" offset, has 10.5" W x 31" tire, bolt pattern is Chevy.

I am drawing a blank on other I ordered the Mosers like Dec 07 so all forgotten now. It is 33 spline full spool 4.11 is all I can remember. And the center dimension also escapes me. I know it was tight to get 4 link and a seat to fit. I had to notch the seat back to allow it to fit. I have room for more tire since the tubs are WIDE--just would take different rim to push tire in some.

I suggest you consider LT1. The tuning setup is reasonable. In fact you can use a TPI distributer and make it an 'opti' and run straight fuel injection.

It sounds weird but works like a champ. A wiring harness for LT1 can be had with ECM ~150 and tuner software and datalogging will be <$200

It allows more control over the setup. The same software can also program a TPI it is Tunercats

Great product and guy as well

I suggest you consider LT1. The tuning setup is reasonable. In fact you can use a TPI distributer and make it an 'opti' and run straight fuel injection.

It sounds weird but works like a champ. A wiring harness for LT1 can be had with ECM ~150 and tuner software and datalogging will be <$200

It allows more control over the setup. The same software can also program a TPI it is Tunercats

Great product and guy as well

Well, I have the TPI aready, that and megasquirt, wirng harness, etc, etc. ready to go. The TPI fits my AFR 220 heads too. Just odds and ends needed now.

I'm with Doc, I am running a 415 sbc, twin turbonetics, 44mm wastegates, running up to 20 lbs of boost...still in the building stage and not having much time. I am using a solid roller .600 in lift w/1.65 rockers, 230 duration @.050 and 115 lsa. (ground +4 degrees advanced, so will end up with approximately 111 lsa). Heads are extremely important and like Grump says, they will kinda dictate what you use for a cam to get the most efficiency out of your motor. I know it is hard to do, but I would suggest that you wait until you can spring for the good heads and build your combo. I really believe you would be much more satisfied. I am looking for an honest 800 hp on pump gas with intercooler and alchohol injection and 1200 to 1300 on race gas. Running Electromotive ECM and distributorless ignition with EFI and 120 lb/hr injectors.

Best of luck with your combination

Wayne