HybridZ

Cheap lightweight seats.

BSD

Yes, I know we have quite a few topics covering seats, but I don't know if anyone here has come across some Cheap fiberglass or CF seats. ( CF Isn't really cheap though... ever.. =[ ) SO if anyone knows of a site or company that produces them cheaply, I would definetly appreciate the information.

Like I stated awhile ago, I am trying to make my car as light as possible while still maintaining some comfortability.

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings,

In my humble opinion, you paid for what you get, I have a pair of those exact seats, and they are ok. Just ok! Craftsman shift is acceptable i.e. upholstery, side molding, and foam is fairly cheap for obvious reason to keep the cost of the seat down. Oh! The seats are 18Lbs without the base, 23Lbs with the base attach.

Alex

Do they flex a lot or are they fairly stiff?

Thanks,

Mario

Mario,

To be honest, they are actually very stiff, the only truth downfall is just the material (no Sparco here), in fact one of my seat came with one edge detach from the upholstery ( minor stuff-no biggie there for me-) in fact the seller actually refund $25.00 back to my account since I choose insurance when I place the order. Mario, other than that they are decent.

Alex

Mario,

To be honest, they are actually very stiff, the only truth downfall is just the material (no Sparco here), in fact one of my seat came with one edge detach from the upholstery ( minor stuff-no biggie there for me-) in fact the seller actually refund $25.00 back to my account since I choose insurance when I place the order. Mario, other than that they are decent.

Alex

I just found these on ebay, but I was thinking of may be buying a pair.

I don’t expect the quality to be great, but how do they feel to sit in? Are they any good? I'm tall and skinny so I don't want seats I can swim in if you know what I mean..

I just found these on ebay, but I was thinking of may be buying a pair.

I don’t expect the quality to be great, but how do they feel to sit in? Are they any good? I'm tall and skinny so I don't want seats I can swim in if you know what I mean..

Greetings,

The seats are extremelly close fit, not for the above average person, just to give you an example, I am 5'11 and 185lbs and is a fairly close fit for me with the detach/attach velcro pads install. Without the velcro pads the person can be a bit loose.

Respectfully,

Alex

I just put a pair of MOMO Start2007 seats in my car. They are not a cheap seat, but they are relatively inexpensive. They are FIA approved fiberglass seats that weigh 18.5 lbs each. With the mounting brackets installed, they weighed 23.5 lbs each. The stock 260Z seats weigh 32.5 lbs each, so I was able to lose 18 lbs by installing the two seats in my car.

I have had the seats in the car for three autocross events, and really like the comfort. They fit me perfectly but will not work for larger drivers. I am 6'0" and weigh 185 lbs. They are a tight fit in the car. The widest part of the seat at the shoulders just barely clears the door, and the widest part at the knees just barely clears the driveshaft tunnel. Because they are side mount seats, it is possible to mount them very low(which is good for me). They seem like they were made for mounting in the Z car.

I bought my seats from LTB motorsports here in florida. He is a local SCCA racer and has an Ebay store. For me, the good part was that he was nearby, so that I could sit in them before I bought them. He sells them for 361.00 each on Ebay with free shipping. If you are local and can pick them up, you can save some money. You will also need the MOMO side mount brackets.

This is the only picture that shows the seats at all. I'll have to borrow a camera and get some installation pictures.

BCC_050408_2.jpg

the stock seats are pretty light if you ask me.

Yes! I agree 110% and there is nothing more sexy than a fairly stock Z with the original seats specially a series 1 or 2. Nevertheless; IMHO once you go HybridZ you never go back, is like going to the dark side :icon6:

Alex

The stock seats are fairly light as stock seats go. In my case however, I autocross the car. I count every pound, and I needed lateral support.

I am at the point with my car that finding weight that can easily be removed is difficult. So losing 18 pounds with a pair of lightweight seats was a bonanza.

Mario

Can you take some measurements of the seats for me?? The measurements I'm interested in is the with across the shoulder support and leg support.

As 74_5.0L_Z vbmenu_register("postmenu_895190", true); mentioned earlier about his seats being a close fit, so are mine. I currently have OPM seats and they barely clears the door panel and drive shaft tunnel just like the momo start2007.

The thing that bugs the hell out of me is when you have you seats mounted that way you actually don't sit in line with the steering wheel anymore. Your slightly closer to the center than you would be in the original seats.

Had the with across the shoulder support been 1-2 inch smaller you would probably get the seat in the right line.

After a small fire accident who could have been the end for my car I need a pair of new seats since one of them got I bit fried, and of course the seat have gone out of production..

Mario

Can you take some measurements of the seats for me?? The measurements I'm interested in is the with across the shoulder support and leg support.

As 74_5.0L_Z vbmenu_register("postmenu_895190", true); mentioned earlier about his seats being a close fit, so are mine. I currently have OPM seats and they barely clears the door panel and drive shaft tunnel just like the momo start2007.

The thing that bugs the hell out of me is when you have you seats mounted that way you actually don't sit in line with the steering wheel anymore. Your slightly closer to the center than you would be in the original seats.

Had the with across the shoulder support been 1-2 inch smaller you would probably get the seat in the right line.

After a small fire accident who could have been the end for my car I need a pair of new seats since one of them got I bit fried, and of course the seat have gone out of production..

I will take the measurements that you're requesting, please just give me a few days since I am on a business trip. I will be home on Monday June the 2nd. Until then.

Hmm, I think you should direct that at Alex. Seats are a ways away, gotta get the 600cc heart running first!

Mario

:)Go it!

Alex