HybridZ

Transmission ID(modified T-5)

The570Z

I have a T-5 in my v8 z, the previous owner said it was a doug nash but I cannot find any info suggesting Doug Nash ever modified a T-5. The tag numbers on the trans do not match up to any T-5 for any production car, but the case is definitly a t-5. My gearbox had a road race shift pattern, reverse is top left, 1st lower left, 2nd top middle... and it does not have overdrive, 5 is direct drive. All my searching has not found a borg warner or other offering of the t-5 that is at all like this. If anybody has any ideas on what it is or where to look Id really appreciate it. The trans definitly predates 1981 if that helps.

T-50 is an overdrive 5 speed.

Casting number 13-38-065-901.

10-spline input

150 h.p. MAX

Used on GM V-8s such as

1975-1978 Astre, Monza, Cutlass, Omega, Phoenix, Skyhawk, Starfire, Sunbird and Vega.

'79-'81 Firebird with 3.8L V-6

• 1 month later...

Lol, wow, Im pushing quite a bit more then 150 hp through it at the moment(seems to hold ok), any idea how it stacks up to a T-5 as far as dimensions go? can I plug and play a swap or is this gonna be a nightmare and a half to fix :)?