HybridZ

Finally used my nitrous !

Tonight me and a buddy finally went and got my bottle filled! We drove about 10 miles out of town to a speed shop and then procceded back to work(I work at a dealership) where I installed the bottle. First I found out that I left a plug out of the nitrous line up in the engine bay so when I opened the bottle it started spraying out! So we went and got a plug from the local hardware store. Then I had to take off the purge solenoid because it was leaking(I actually had to do this 2 times because I didn't fix it the first time!). After that I we hopped in the car and waited for the bottle heater to get the pressure up but it only got to about 875-900psi. I figured that my automatic bottle heater pressure switch is set too low so thats as high as it would go. So after it got up to 900 psi I armed the system and had my buddy watch the A/F ratio with my LM1 wideband and I nailed the gas from second gear roll...........nothing....... LOL. So I messed with my window switch which turns out I didn't set up right. So I messed with the settings and took it down the road.....try #2......well it hit but didn't come on till 4500rpms(should have been 3000). I have my progressive controller set up for a 50HP shot so it wasn't huge but it works! I have some tweaking to do for the nitrous but atleast I know everything works now! I can't wait to get it all ironed out so I can put in the 150HP nozzles! :burnout::flamedevi

Man I really need some new video! I'll try to get some ASAP!

Guy

Did everything blur outside the car? :)

No but I thought my passenger floor pan was going to come unrivited and fly off! LOL:mrgreen:

The A/F with the nitrous on was about 12.4 so I need to richen it up some to get it down to 11.5-11.8. I have to switch out the fuel jet for a slightly larger one.

On a side note...now my ECM took a crap today! Wouldn't start and threw codes 41,42, and 51. 51 is ECM failure and I did the diag for 41 and 42 which both lead to faulty ECM. Basically my car wont start sometimes and sometimes it will stall. It finally threw a code today(its been happening to me since I got it on the road this year and it's been getting worse.) It never ends! :icon56: Hopefully I can get one from the local slavage yard and load up my tune and be on my way.....